aberdeen-music

Most controversial album cover

EchelonDivision

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in the business of censoring people's words and thoughts' date=' so long as they're contributing to discussions. I'd hope that the users of this website would have the intelligence to dismiss the above statement as the rantings of a neandarthal misogynist, who may or may not be "in character", rather than make it the basis for their future relationships with women.

As for "Jesus is a Cunt"...everyone's entitled to their opinion, but the ignorance and small-mindedness these people display for the world to see when they wear that T-shirt just makes me think "yeah, not Jesus, mate...look a little closer to home."[/quote']

I fully agree...but we're adults. Blasphemy and graphic sexual deviancy are still offensive to the little uns or moral minded folks and if it said Mohammed instead of Jesus...well what would happen?

Grainy, black and white, honest, unattracitve nude image...still not convinced. Certainly compared to the one earlier in the thread of Cannibal Corpse which is just plain sick. But it's a hard call on this type of thread where the subject is offensive art work.

Guest DustyDeviada
As for "Jesus is a Cunt"...everyone's entitled to their opinion' date=' but the ignorance and small-mindedness these people display for the world to see when they wear that T-shirt just makes me think "yeah, not Jesus, mate...look a little closer to home."[/quote']

Ha ha! Yep, I don't think I've ever seen anything which is so obviously just trying to be offensive. Makes me think "You're trying too hard mate."

Ha ha! Yep' date=' I don't think I've ever seen anything which is so obviously just trying to be offensive. Makes me think "You're trying too hard mate."[/quote']

i agree. i dont beleave in religion and all that stuff, but weach to their own, thats what i say.

Guest DustyDeviada
i agree. i dont beleave in religion and all that stuff' date=' but weach to their own, thats what i say.[/quote']

Yep, weach to their own is a pretty good outlook to have I think. ;)

Yep' date=' weach to their own is a pretty good outlook to have I think. ;)[/quote']

So are there any rules and what of the consequences?

How far do you take that view e.g. wear a T Shirt with one of those overhyped Danish cartoons and get beheaded by a Muslim freak? Is it your own fault or is it the OTT reaction to your OTT shirt?

We're in a very liberal society with some very unliberal people on the go...but it only seems to matter if it's an ethnic minority who are being "offended".

Kids are able to access loads of graphic images through Web, Games and TV but only some are seen as being a problem?

All very complex and my head is hurting...

How far do you take that view e.g. wear a T Shirt with one of those overhyped Danish cartoons and get beheaded by a Muslim freak? Is it your own fault or is it the OTT reaction to your OTT shirt?

We're in a very liberal society with some very unliberal people on the go...but it only seems to matter if it's an ethnic minority who are being "offended".

Kids are able to access loads of graphic images through Web' date=' Games and TV but only some are seen as being a problem?

All very complex and my head is hurting...[/quote']

this could cause alot of arguements . . . .

but id have to agree to an extent.

Although i wear COF shirts and shirts that can offend. but if they dont like my shirt, whooptido. . .they dont have to wear it. so why complain. if they dont like the look of it, dont look.

Guest DustyDeviada

Kids are able to access loads of graphic images through Web' date=' Games and TV but only some are seen as being a problem?

All very complex and my head is hurting...[/quote']

Um, my post was just a silly thing based on reject monkey's typo. I can't really be bothered getting into a long boring debate on this.

Although i wear COF shirts and shirts that can offend. but if they dont like my shirt' date=' whooptido. . .they dont have to wear it. so why complain. if they dont like the look of it, dont look.[/quote']

So why do you wear it?

Is it to cause controversy? Is it a "statement"? Is it caused to offend? Is it for fashion?

Personally, these shirts don't offend me - I just look at the people wearing them and think "wow, it must great to be 15 and sooooo controversial". They're probably thinking "Mummy will kill me for this - but I'm such a webel and I don't care!"

As was said before - trying too hard. It's just a wee bit embarressing, really.

Todays Cradle of Filth t-shirts are tomorrow's dusters.

So why do you wear it?

Is it to cause controversy? Is it a "statement"? Is it caused to offend? Is it for fashion?

Personally' date=' these shirts don't offend me - I just look at the people wearing them and think "wow, it must great to be 15 and sooooo controversial". They're probably thinking "Mummy will kill me for this - but I'm such a webel and I don't care!"

As was said before - trying too hard. It's just a wee bit embarressing, really.

Todays Cradle of Filth t-shirts are tomorrow's dusters.[/quote']

um no. I like tshirts like that. i like the bands. so what if i were a tshirt that has a devil on it and says "gods busy, can i help" its a tshirt. . . simple as. if i like it, i wear it. people who find them offending dont have to.

oh yeah im not 15, and my mum wouldnt kill me for what i wore when i was. parents who treat their kids like that i cant understand. i mean its a tshirt, not exactly like gettin your nose pierced without them knowing, then possibly acting how you described.

also im not tryin to get in to an argument here. just stating what i think.

um no. I like tshirts like that. i like the bands. so what if i were a tshirt that has a devil on it and says "gods busy' date=' can i help" its a tshirt. . . simple as. if i like it, i wear it. people who find them offending dont have to.

oh yeah im not 15, and my mum wouldnt kill me for what i wore when i was. parents who treat their kids like that i cant understand. i mean its a tshirt, not exactly like gettin your nose pierced without them knowing, then possibly acting how you described.

also im not tryin to get in to an argument here. just stating what i think.[/quote']

fair points, i'm just trying to understand the logic, not argue.

If you like it, fair enough. It's the "Jesus is a cunt" t-shirts that bug me - controversy for controversy sakes really.

Anyway, back on thread - http://www.zonicweb.net/badalbmcvrs/hallofsh.htm has a list of BAD album covers and pics of them all. Some are relevant here - in the "controversial" sense.

If you like it' date=' fair enough. It's the "Jesus is a cunt" t-shirts that bug me - controversy for controversy sakes really.

[/quote']

i dont have that one. i may be a satanist, but i am not anti christian. or anti other religions for that matter :)

and cover wise, the cover for a norma jean album scares the hell outta me. i cant remember it just now tho :swearing:

just the little girl on the front. . it looks like shes away to murder people.

Those 'Jesus Is A Cunt' T-Shirts now come under the 'incitement to racial hatred' laws now anyway.

So do the Guns n Roses 'Kill Your Idols' ones.

Whereas' date=' my 'Mohammed sucks old mans cocks in hell' T-shirt is still OK I believe.[/quote']

that's because the last t-shirt is pure fantasy, mohammed wouldn't be in hell, you see ?

I thought the "jesus is a cunt" t shirt was for a femanist movement....

are we all not waiting for the second coming ? (takes a little longer than the first one, but well worth the wait)

that's because the last t-shirt is pure fantasy' date=' mohammed wouldn't be in hell, you see ?

I thought the "jesus is a cunt" t shirt was for a femanist movement....

are we all not waiting for the second coming ? (takes a little longer than the first one, but well worth the wait)[/quote']

i thought women came quicker than men?