aberdeen-music

Thoughts on Americans.....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Americans are americans eh just like us all they are people too

i have a few contacts from america and have met americans and ive yet to come across a bad one yet...im in noway saying americans are ALL fab people im sure like dave pointed out they have arseholes just like scotland england and especially france does :) ...

i wouldnt judge all scottish people by the ned/arseholes/emo people you meet drunk up the town ..Most people i know personaly and are scottish/aberdonian dont go uptown in our own town because of the ammount of idiots,again im not saying the town is full of idiots just seems that way sometimes...

One thing tho if i can ask. If bush cheated to get elected the 1st time and americans knew this why did they re-vote him in for a second term....

Welcome to Scotland Yankee my papa speaks highly of american's oh the damn storys he used to tell about him and the yankee dude that saved his life back in 19-OatCake

I don't understand threads like these' date=' how do you pigeon-hole an entire country? ^_^[/color']

that's kind of what i'm trying to understand.. (seeing as i am american and have suffered much abuse for being so from complete strangers) maybe i'm aiming this at the wrong kind of people... maybe i should venture into the depths of despair i know as town, saturday night, 3am, and ask people as they're leaving drum, or whatever the new amadeus is these days...

I find the majority of Americans to be nice people. Cant stand George Bush. Some Americans live up to the stereotype of being loud, last summer I was on a ferry with a bunch of Americans and it was like they had to be heard above everyone else. Mind you, every country has a true stereotype which can be deemded as unfair.

One thing tho if i can ask. If bush cheated to get elected the 1st time and americans knew this why did they re-vote him in for a second term....

it's all down to they way voting is tallied up... basically, each state has a number of points depending on it's population. i'm from texas, so my vote counts in texas only. seeing as texas in hugely republican (and bush's home away from dc) my vote, along with anyone else's in texas voting against bush, is wasted. completely and utterly wasted. useless... it all depends on where you live... there were reports during the last election that poorer people were being turned away from the polling booths because they didn't have the proper i.d. on them...

that's kind of what i'm trying to understand.. (seeing as i am american and have suffered much abuse for being so from complete strangers) maybe i'm aiming this at the wrong kind of people... maybe i should venture into the depths of despair i know as town' date=' saturday night, 3am, and ask people as they're leaving drum, or whatever the new amadeus is these days...[/quote']

Well there's your problem, find a different club to stand outside :p

It is a beautiful country. It is much cleaner than the UK and much much warmer.

Unfortunately, most US Americans I have met are loud and obnoxious. I have yet to meet a nice American who doesn't think the USA is the best Country in the world. However, it would be ignorant of me to say this of all US Americans.

Silly things I hate about the USA are:

Its habit of calling Britain "England"

Its misspelling of words. dropping the letter U and substituting Z for the letter S

The way US American tourists call Canterbury Cathedral "Quaint"

Its habit of putting everything into BrandName form, like 9/11

Its kidnap and recolouring of Father Christmas from Green to Red and White to suit the Coca-Cola company advertising

Serious thing I hate about the USA are:

Its Governments propaganda campaign against its own people

Its threatening behaviour against nations across the globe

Its continued development of Nuclear Weapons against the Test Ban Treaty

Its unfettered support for the State of Israel

Its sickening exploitation of the 11 September attacks to promote its ambition towards "Full Spectrum Dominance" and preserve the Pax Americana

etc.

Its quite funny how the movies and the media in general has shaped peoples opinion of America and the Americans, you can get the distinct impression that 50% of the population are psycho's and that if you venture into any small mid-west town you'll end up in jail, dead, or zombie food.

I've never met an obnoxious American, but even if I did, I wouldnt assume they were all the same.

Welcome to our shores, where are you from?

The problem with America, the majority of its citizens are perfectly nice, polite, intelligent people. However the idiots who make up the rest of the population seem to be louder, stupider and more ignorant than the idiots from any other country I've ever been in, so that's what people end up remembering.

There are few things that would be more irritating than being an intelligent, anti-war Democrat in America today, because you've got a section of the country (generally sporting 'USA FOREVER' tattoos), making the rest of the world think the country is a joke.

I've met a couple of Americans I don't like, but then again I've met alot of Scottish people I don't like - and I'm from Scotland.

I have alot of friends in America, in alot of different states, so while I don't think the UK should become the 51st state as such, I'd say some of our politcal networking with the country can certainly be reflected in the friendships between the inhabitants.

I'm babbling, but I don't really care. Fuckit, I like America.

(Fuck yeah.)

It is a beautiful country. It is much cleaner than the UK and much much warmer.

You've never been in Alaska then' date=' or Chicago or Ny mid winter?

Unfortunately, most US Americans I have met are loud and obnoxious. I have yet to meet a nice American who doesn't think the USA is the best Country in the world. However, it would be ignorant of me to say this of all US Americans.

so how many have you met approx.

Silly things I hate about the USA are:

Its habit of calling Britain "England"

Its misspelling of words. dropping the letter U and substituting Z for the letter S

The way US American tourists call Canterbury Cathedral "Quaint"

Its habit of putting everything into BrandName form, like 9/11

Its kidnap and recolouring of Father Christmas from Green to Red and White to suit the Coca-Cola company advertising

all media gleaned shite....

Serious thing I hate about the USA are:

Its Governments propaganda campaign against its own people

Its threatening behaviour against nations across the globe

Its continued development of Nuclear Weapons against the Test Ban Treaty

Its unfettered support for the State of Israel

Its sickening exploitation of the 11 September attacks to promote its ambition towards "Full Spectrum Dominance" and preserve the Pax Americana

etc.

And the uk is guilty of all of the above.