aberdeen-music

Drummonds - Sunday 12th

Davey_sc

Well, Fraser's fundraiser is over now and it was a big success and gave him 565 towards his gap year fund. But what did everyone think of the bands? Here's my worthless opinion of the bands I caught.

Kitchen Cynics - awesome. Pity nobody was actually listening. Bastards

Silver Reef - blew my mind. Funky shizzle to da max homes.:love:

Stayover - well, everyone likes different stuff. But :down:

DeBassed - I think they may be having a bit of trouble adjusting whilst the line-up changes. However, having saying that they were still good.

Tears Of Grace - sounding alright there guys. :)

But what be everyone elses opinions?

dusty and ????? were okay.

turning 13 fucking owned!

sam the beaton was not at his best... was a bit shit if im honest.

kitchen cynics...awesome as always... shame about all the hyped up 10 yr olds ignoring it

silver reef (only saw their soundcheck, and they sounded shit hot)

i left then and went to tunnels.

I enjoyed what I saw a lot...thought Emma & Dusty were tight and melodic...Sam was fun, as always (loved his cover of 'Part Time Punks!)....Turning 13 sounded sleazily punchy, which was great seeing as it was Nath's first gig with them. I thought my first two songs were poor (struggling to see which frets I was aiming for, and feeling nauseous due to inhalation of cooker-cleaning fluid fumes), but I relaxed and improved a bit later. Wish I could've stayed longer, but I was ill, and my g/f had come straight from work, and was knackered!

Wish I heard Silver Reef, heard good reports and soundcheck sounded awesome. Kitchen Cynics where definately the best thing I saw for the time I was there.

On the subject of the gig does anyone have any idea of the whereabouts of my trilby? Last time I let Fraser borrow anything.

Guest DustyDeviada
apathetic kid emos were busy feeling each other up.

To be fair, and I'm sure Alan will concur with this, getting felt up/feeling someone up is much more fun than listening to me and Emma or even the mighty Kitchen Cynics.

But with the benefit of hindsight we should have worked out that we were onto a loser trying to do quiet, introspective singer-songwriter stuff to that type of crowd and plugged away with some loud covers.

You live and learn. In any case it was all for a good cause and I'm glad to hear it was such a success financially.

Oh well' date=' I thought you sounded awesome, even if they apathetic kid emos were busy feeling each other up.

Ross - ta, it makes sense. So Sazzle plays...?

Did anyone catch our (Seventh Circle) set? If so, what ye think?[/quote']

you were the band after us yeh?

If so, i left after you opened with a muse cover, i love muse but i hate local bands who dont have enough of their own material to play a gig, and thus you lost me after that. I did hear some of your second song, but again for me it wasnt my thing, youve got a not bad voice tho, keeping pluggin away and lose the fucking covers!!!!! :)

If so' date=' i left after you opened with a muse cover, i love muse but i hate local bands who dont have enough of their own material to play a gig, and thus you lost me after that. I did hear some of your second song, but again for me it wasnt my thing, youve got a not bad voice tho, keeping pluggin away and lose the fucking covers!!!!! :)[/quote']

The guy with the not bad voice is gary. This is davey - the drummer. Davey is cool. Gary is also bassist/singer in tears of grace.

gary tells me he was having an off night voice wise though so...

If so' date=' i left after you opened with a muse cover, i love muse but i hate local bands who dont have enough of their own material to play a gig, and thus you lost me after that. I did hear some of your second song, but again for me it wasnt my thing, youve got a not bad voice tho, keeping pluggin away and lose the fucking covers!!!!! :)[/quote']

Well to be honest we tried writing new material before but our second guitarist wasn't there, thus making it a bit difficult.

As for yourselves, credit for doing your own stuff, but it all sounded like fake American pop-punk, Blink 182 to me. And you lost me as soon as your drummer took off his top. Could it get more arrogant?

Guest DustyDeviada
As for yourselves' date=' credit for doing your own stuff, but it all sounded like fake American pop-punk, Blink 182 to me. And you lost me as soon as your drummer took off his top. Could it get more arrogant?[/quote']

Ha! Yeah Milner, you better speak to your "arrogant drummer" about that. ;)

As for the american pop-punk thing being "fake", well I certainly would agree that's it's different and not what I would call punk (ie Sex Pistols, Clash, etc), but it's been done for so long now so well by so many people that I would say it stands as a genre of its own, and although I'm not a fan of the genre per se I wouldn't call it "fake".

Well to be honest we tried writing new material before but our second guitarist wasn't there' date=' thus making it a bit difficult.

As for yourselves, credit for doing your own stuff, but it all sounded like fake American pop-punk, Blink 182 to me. And you lost me as soon as your drummer took off his top. Could it get more arrogant?[/quote']

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*BREATHS*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

sorry but come on, taking my top off is arrogant?

you try playing in that heat, anyway im a skinny fuck, what body do i have to be arrogant about?

Im sorry you dont like me not saying good things about your band, next time ill try :)

Guest DustyDeviada
anyway im a skinny fuck' date=' what body do i have to be arrogant about?

[/quote']

I think you're sexy milner, if you've got it, flaunt it I say. :up: