aberdeen-music

Music in Aberdeen

Stripey

stripey none of the music you have ever put up for feedback has ever been new or something you have come up with on your own' date=' you have just used a formula that someone before you had laid down and put your own thing to it, like almost every single person in a band or group, yet you feel like its %100 origonal, im sorry to say it but people have been making drum and bass tunes in their bedrooms for years now, and im not slagging you tunes i like some of them but i wouldnt say they are origonal or that creative youve just used another popular medium to try and express yourself.[/quote']

Well yer entitled to your opinion and yes, I'm perfectly aware that all music is derivative to a lesser or greater degree. I certainly don't think I'm any different in that respect, and for the record 80% of what I write isn't drumnbass atall.

BUT, I am not a plagiarist. Working within established forms can hardly be called plagiarism, so I'm assuming stuart maxwell was trying to suggest that I somehow rip off or copy other work, which is completely untrue. Anyway, just wanted to clear that up.

BUT' date=' I am not a plagiarist. Working within established forms can hardly be called plagiarism,[/quote']which is well.....exactly what everyone you seem to call inane drivel does. however, these established forms that people use are not to your taste, so you dismiss it as utter shite.

so, in the end.........you're just a fucking hypocrite.

which is well.....exactly what everyone you seem to call inane drivel does. however' date=' these established forms that people use are not to your taste, so you dismiss it as utter shite.

so, in the end.........you're just a fucking hypocrite.[/quote']

No, I'm not a hypocrite. There is a difference between form and content, think about it.

I think (I know i shouldnt but i do annually) bands who are big at the mo and by this i mean popular and in the charts tend to be pish! If a band from Aberdeen suddenly got famous say like Artic monkeys, you would get the same buzz. If a critic from NME say came up and raved about a band then nine times out of ten said bands career would change dramaticly.

Personally i thing there is afew good bands in Aberdeen. I for one do go to alot of local gigs, so fuck you anyone that wants to complain about that!!!!

But it is the same as everythin on this site, it all peoples opinion. And my opinion is that some local bands are better than a lot of the pish you here on national radio all the time!!!

I appologise if this makes no sense!!!:up: