aberdeen-music

New recording from THE WELLES.

Adam Easy Wishes

Listened to both tracks, not really that impressed to be honest. Production of the tracks is good - but there is nothing about the songs that make me go "fuck, these guys are good".

Not really my taste in music either. But when it comes to listening to new bands/music, I always listen to each song from "the fence" as it were, but as I say, nothing to get excited about IMO.

Sorry :)

Listened to both tracks' date=' not really that impressed to be honest. Production of the tracks is good - but there is nothing about the songs that make me go "fuck, these guys are good".

Not really my taste in music either. But when it comes to listening to new bands/music, I always listen to each song from "the fence" as it were, but as I say, nothing to get excited about IMO.

Sorry :)[/quote']

What he said ^. I take a similar stance when listening. I won't dismiss somethin just because it isn't to my taste. Take Hot Mangu for instance. Their style of music really ain't my thing, but they're very good at what they do, and that comes through in their tracks. This just didn't give me anything. It's not awful, but it's the sort of track that'd be playing the the background and it wouldn't really annoy you, or please you. You just wouldn't notice it was there.

What he said ^. I take a similar stance when listening. I won't dismiss somethin just because it isn't to my taste. Take Hot Mangu for instance. Their style of music really ain't my thing' date=' but they're very good at what they do, and that comes through in their tracks. This just didn't give me anything. It's not awful, but it's the sort of track that'd be playing the the background and it wouldn't really annoy you, or please you. You just wouldn't notice it was there.[/quote']

I get the feeling your opinion is so polluted by your own musical tastes you simply posess no ability whatsoever to think objectively, regardless of the contrived attempt above.

I'd also suggest this notion is generally very potent among fans of 80s rock / metal etc.

ah yes' date=' but anyone who takes their Username from a Skid Row song automatically forfeits their right to comment on anything. Ever.

love from christy[/quote']

Firstly to you. I stated an opinion. It is my opinion, I'm entitled to it, I gave it, deal with it. I retain all rights to comment on whatever I want. I'll say nothing more. I'm not going to be a petty and childish.

I get the feeling your opinion is so polluted by your own musical tastes you simply posess no ability whatsoever to think objectively' date=' regardless of the contrived attempt above.

I'd also suggest this notion is generally very potent among fans of 80s rock / metal etc.[/quote']

And as for you. You automatically assume, because I like Skid Row, that I listen to nothing else? I enjoy classical music & film scores (I'm quite partial to some Rachmaninov piano concertos, and Mozart's lighter music - ala' Eine Klein Nachtmusik, although Requiem - Lacrymosa is quite a listen as well) I'm quite partial to blues music ala' Gary Moore & Stevie Ray Vaughn, I enjoy some pop music (Elton John, Robbie Williams), I like 50s Rock N' Roll. Buddy Holly was the first musician to really inspire me when I was 7. I enjoy some Jazz, but I will admit, only a little - Eva Cassidy anyone? I enjoy some industrial music - I'm open to new ideas. I enjoy world music (especially music incorporating pan pipes), I like a bit country every now and then as well - Sheryl Crow. I like a bit soul as well, Barry White can fairly write a tune! I could probably go on for quite a bit longer.... So, Mr. Presumptious Poncy Pants, do go judging people on the basis of such minute details!

• Upvote 1

gary moore! Elton john! Robbie williams! sheryl crow! While it's true that your musical taste is more diverse than you were originally given credit for, it's a fuckload worse! Show us yer divot!

JJ, hurry up and put a new song on the site in place of Work Ethic. Stick on the new 21/6. The love muyst be spread, old-timer

love from christy