aberdeen-music

tunnels last night

Kid Suburbia

oh my, haven't seen such energy and enthusiasm from three bands in a long time.

the last band? fantastic, the sexy girl boy girl boy combo worked really well, like fleetwood mac after having visited cyberdog in camden, gone on a shopping spree and celebrated their genius with lots of strong cups of coffee. i honestly could not guess any influences from their fresh sound.

band number two were passable, impressive use of the drum machine to make people sit up and listen for their first song but comedy antics like the solo of super mario bothers does not make up for the need of a few more hours in the studio.

band one, a few more hours in the studio? yes. a drummer who can keep time? a singer who can stop shouting (you'll ruin those vocal chords if you conduct conversations like that)

tsk tsk. but not bad for an opener. not bad at all.

what did anyone else think?

oh my' date=' haven't seen such energy and enthusiasm from three bands in a long time.

the last band? fantastic, the sexy girl boy girl boy combo worked really well, like fleetwood mac after having visited cyberdog in camden, gone on a shopping spree and celebrated their genius with lots of strong cups of coffee. i honestly could not guess any influences from their fresh sound.

band number two were passable, impressive use of the drum machine to make people sit up and listen for their first song but comedy antics like the solo of super mario bothers does not make up for the need of a few more hours in the studio.

band one, a few more hours in the studio? yes. a drummer who can keep time? a singer who can stop shouting (you'll ruin those vocal chords if you conduct conversations like that)

what did anyone else think?[/quote']

band 1 drummer = band 3 drummer

you missed sam beaton i'm presuming?

www.myspace.com/sambeaton

www.myspace.com/holyfolks

www.myspace.com/fluffyandtherainbowbunny

www.myspace.com/colonopenbracket

oh my' date=' haven't seen such energy and enthusiasm from three bands in a long time.

what did anyone else think?[/quote']

names would be nice.

fluffy and the rainbow bunnies were fucking ace. BOB HOSKINS! i told the singing guy that they were good but he looked at me as if i were an utter cunt. a good analysis! colon open were really really good for the first half of their set but they seemed to lose a bit of their 'specialness' half way through. in saying that, that might be because i didn't know their last few songs. the ones i did know were awesome to the power of 78.