aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Jazz festival.

drum bum

I cant wait, Im gonna be checking out Polar bear, cathie rae, Jazz review, Gary gibbs, Tommy smith. Its the first time Ive been able to attend any jazz festival gigs, I was working offshore the last time. I usually go down to edinburgh and glasgow they have a great jazz/funk scene down there but it's great aberdeen is catching up..

Which ones are you guys checking out?

I cant wait' date=' Im gonna be checking out Polar bear, cathie rae, Jazz review, Gary gibbs, Tommy smith. Its the first time Ive been able to attend any jazz festival gigs, I was working offshore the last time. I usually go down to edinburgh and glasgow they have a great jazz/funk scene down there but it's great aberdeen is catching up..

Which ones are you guys checking out?[/quote']

I need some guidance, Im into all sorts of jazz, Branford Marsalis, Wayne Krantz etc can someone point me in the direction of stuff I might like?

I need some guidance' date=' Im into all sorts of jazz, Branford Marsalis, Wayne Krantz etc can someone point me in the direction of stuff I might like?[/quote']

Someone showed me a Wayne Krantz cd not long ago. I remember thinking he was amazing + v. aggressive style of playing (which I love).

Someone showed me a Wayne Krantz cd not long ago. I remember thinking he was amazing + v. aggressive style of playing (which I love).

I didn't even know we had a Jazz festival?! I might try to see a few of these, who would you recommend?

Come and see the Aberdeen Jazz Orchestra. We've been practicing hard and include some of Aberdeen's finest Jazz musicians.

Wednesday 8th right?

Two of my school/jazz band comrades James and Edward Marr play in the Aberdeen Jazz Orchestra aswell, so I shall see you there.

I hope to go see Polar Bear, Graeme Stephen sextet and the Aberdeen Jazz report thing on the sunday. If any musician in particular at that, I would have to say Peter Lowit 8)

Tommy Smith is a must see/hear!!!

I must admit I've found Tommy to be a bit of a disappointment on more than one occasion. In my experience he's always played better & been more interesting when he's not in a suit. Not quite sure of the correlation there, but there you go. ?(

Keep your fingers crossed he's in slacks and a T-shirt 8)

I must admit I've found Tommy to be a bit of a disappointment on more than one occasion. In my experience he's always played better & been more interesting when he's not in a suit. Not quite sure of the correlation there' date=' but there you go. ?(

Keep your fingers crossed he's in slacks and a T-shirt 8)[/quote']

I've only seen him the once at the music hall with John Schofield etc. He sounded great then!

I must admit I've found Tommy to be a bit of a disappointment on more than one occasion. In my experience he's always played better & been more interesting when he's not in a suit. Not quite sure of the correlation there' date=' but there you go. ?(

Keep your fingers crossed he's in slacks and a T-shirt 8)[/quote']

Boring, I think, is the word you are looking for.