aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MerryChristmas

Aberdeen Union

The old Union used to be magic. I was in there a few times when I was up but I've yet to visit the new one, although it doesn't sound like it's up to much.

/x

You seem to have 2 identical threads my friend!

I haven't been there for years but I hear (from Elwood) that you don't need to be astudent to getin these days so I was planning going in for a nosey soon.

cool' date=' nobody been there in the past week?[/quote']

i have on tuesday, it was boring,some music quiz was on so me and me pals only stayed for one drink then left

Guest MerryChristmas
I often partake in a cheapo beverage from the Union although it's always lacking in atmosphere / banter... It used to be a much better hang-out when it was just pivo' date=' AU took all the best bits away.[/quote']

apart from the bitches pivo was great

Guest MerryChristmas
Me' date=' Oggy and James were in Wednesday night. We go in all the time - cheap drink and beautiful babies.[/quote']

Yep, saw you all thereo_O

I didn't particularly like Bar Pivo so have never felt the over whelming urge to check out the new union. To me it seems like it would be far too small.

I could be wrong of course, I have yet to pay it a visit.

Me' date=' Oggy and James were in Wednesday night. We go in all the time - cheap drink and beautiful babies.[/quote']

Do you not have to be a student/be with a student to get in?

I'll feel silly if it turns out one of you is a student, I just thought you were all out of uni.

Guest MerryChristmas
Yeah it's way too small' date=' RGUnion is better. Apart from Elwood, blah blah.

But at the Abdn one you don't have to be a student, i think... pretty sure.[/quote']

you dont

Guest MerryChristmas
you don't? I may hit it for cheap boozin' then. Is it actually possible to access the bar come a friday/saturday night?

not sure, but during the weelk its quite quiet. Wednesday was quite busy though and its like 1.50 per drink

music is also good, used to enjoy it as pivo its a great place to work

I've boycotted it since they did away with The Neil Lounge......

I would not be the man I am today if it were not for that particular room & what went on in it! 8)

Hmm, maybe it was a good thing after all? Byegones & all that! :D