aberdeen-music

Females on gig fliers...

threeornothing

Whats up with this? I notice the last four fliers or so have had female models on the gig fliers.....while this shit sells a load of copies Nuts, FHM and other such fucking trash for the brain dead lager lads, why do these gig fliers need to stoop so low? Is this the new way of getting folk interested in coming to live gigs? What next? Strippers introducing the bands? (Don't anyone go getting any ideas!!!!! :D:D:D)

Guest Neubeatz

Oh! such is the competitiveness of our local promoters, their imaginations know no bounds when it comes to advertising their engagements.

The level of artistic profesionalism beggars belief.:up:

Scratchi and Scratchi will sign them up!!!

Whats up with this? I notice the last four fliers or so have had female models on the gig fliers.....while this shit sells a load of copies Nuts' date=' FHM and other such fucking trash for the brain dead lager lads, why do these gig fliers need to stoop so low? Is this the new way of getting folk interested in coming to live gigs? What next? Strippers introducing the bands? (Don't anyone go getting any ideas!!!!! :D:D:D)[/quote']

agree, it does make retarded mens magazines spring to mind

creative genius obviously ?(

its usually to advertise bands consisting of 4 or more very hairy men which is also a touch odd imo

creative genius...

I left my lovely girlfriend to enter the the military. Being eighteen and homesick, it was a welcome diversion every night to write her and tell her how much I missed her. She went off to college at the same time, and in my naive young mind, I actually believed that she'd come marry me when I got to my permanent duty station. After about five weeks of letter writing with no response, I got a letter from my darling girlfriend. I opened the envelope, which contained a 3x5 inch card and a polaroid. On the card was written "I want to break up!" The polaroid was a tasteful shot of my very drunk sweetheart with another man's p**** in her face. I was humiliated and angry. I had told all my buddies I was going to marry this tramp! After my initial freakout I decided that revenge was in order. I pulled out a pen and wrote on the bottom of the polaroid: Dear Mom and Dad, College is fun! Thanks for all the money! and signed her name. I put it in an envelope, addressed it to her parents back home and mailed it the next day. I heard her dad suspended her college credit card and froze her ATM card the next day, and that she was back living at home with them two weeks later.

Guest Mr Blastcap
I left my lovely girlfriend to enter the the military. Being eighteen and homesick' date=' it was a welcome diversion every night to write her and tell her how much I missed her. She went off to college at the same time, and in my naive young mind, I actually believed that she'd come marry me when I got to my permanent duty station. After about five weeks of letter writing with no response, I got a letter from my darling girlfriend. I opened the envelope, which contained a 3x5 inch card and a polaroid. On the card was written "I want to break up!" The polaroid was a tasteful shot of my very drunk sweetheart with another man's p**** in her face. I was humiliated and angry. I had told all my buddies I was going to marry this tramp! After my initial freakout I decided that revenge was in order. I pulled out a pen and wrote on the bottom of the polaroid: Dear Mom and Dad, College is fun! Thanks for all the money! and signed her name. I put it in an envelope, addressed it to her parents’ back home and mailed it the next day. I heard her dad suspended her college credit card and froze her ATM card the next day, and that she was back living at home with them two weeks later.[/quote']

stick a blues riff under that and you'd have a top ten hit there man. certainly a viable alternative to James "i sat in a tank" blunt.

plus theres also something unfunnily ironic about putting a super hot female on a poster when in reality you turn up to see a wee room full smelly blokes wanking on guitars and growling to each other tunelessly about ''girrrrrrls''. A bit of sad concept in a way and surely its in contravention some kind of trade description law?

if not iit probaly should be

On the other hand if Holly Vallance were on stage as opposed to beardy muso cretins Id be quite happy with this form of advertising.

Yo

FMA06allbands.jpg

or are people who are offended by nudity offensive?

You can show a guys nipples but not a chicks.

How much or little flesh needs to be covered before it is acceptable?

sure its a very nice picture but hardly representative of the actual event, which is likely be the opposite of what the poster is implying

Haha funny how someone picked up on the main offender :D:D

Its maybe just me but I find it a bit uneasy having a bare ass on screen at work....o_O

I actually find the emo looking ones crapper than a the Nuts magazine ones....you know the ones of a mysterious girl looking melancholy under dim street lighting and its probably raining (shes actually just missed the last bus to Kincorth) used to advertise a band of hairy blokes (the band usually has a fake posh girls name too like Sabeine or something equally shite) and often wear hats (but never one at a time, it must be hats en mass)

Yo