aberdeen-music

girlsaidno

Guest asdfgh

Hmm' date=' "final gig"...after being close to signing to a major record deal and all that?

Suspicious...[/quote']

not really the said record deal ended up being bombed out by a some band member as when it came down to it they were not going to leave their jobs or aberdeen to really make a go of it. we tried to replace them but at short notice it wasnt possible so the chance was missed.

that was summer and since then we basically completed all our commtiments, the lemon tree being one and the rest down south.

last year we did heaps of high profile stuff, sold out a lot of gigs and sold heaps of cds which should have been the catalyst for furthering ourselves but without the commitment of all band members it was not possible so rather than get stuck in the trap of playing big gigs in aberdeen for fun we all decided it was best to quit while we were ahead as opposed to getting stuck in the rut, a thing that has happened to so many good aberdeen bands in the past.

the last gig will be on 18th march at the lemon tree and tickets are on sale. we are still to sort out support for the gig as all the bands who used to support us have now (rightfully) got their own headline slots at said venue themselves.

in fact if there are any good bands who want a wee break and to play at a sold out lemon tree let me know and if your music fits the bill we can sort it out. good promo for any band as we can get your website etc out to our mailing list of about 20000 and also a link from our website which still gets tens of thousands of hits per month.

anyway pm me if you are interested!

site is still live by the way www.girlsaidno.co.uk

Name change and re-vamp? I seriously don't know how a band with such few gigs can play sold out lemon tree shows and support bands like OCS' date=' or am i just ignorant to their past?[/quote']

there will be no reincarnation of line up as i am heading to london to live.

regards your question you like a few others miss the point on the gigs thing. the reason we always sold out our lemon tree gigs is because that was the only gigs we did in Aberdeen. too many bands play 3/4 gigs a month in aberdeen then are happy when they only get 300 odd at a lemon tree gig whe that is only half full, whereas we always thought that there is no point playing there if you cant fill it!!

we worked out long ago that one headline gig every 6 months was enough in Aberdeen and concentrated the rest of our gigging trying to build up a following elsewhere.

Another reason being that we always made sure all tickets were sold before the doors opened as opposed to sticking up a few posters and hoping for the best.

because we always sold out our gigs and promoted them well we were offered a lot of high profiled supports as we were known to bring a crowd. ocs came about because th promoter asked the lemon tree what local band woudl bring the biggest following and they said us for example

not really rocket science but thats it!

that sucks, even though the guitar player looked an out of place fat bastard, needs to lay off the pies..lol, they were a pretty decent band...

long live the memories..........

was just reading gsn's blurb' date=' is scott macrae really inbred...lol...or is that just a joke?

i take it that means his mum shagged like her brother or something ? :up:[/quote']

No actually it was father and sister as mother and brother would just be wrong!!

i presume you started this thread as your first post on the site purely to try and wind me up so well done you!

Anyway wouldnt it be refreshing if you made yourself known rather than hide behind your wee thread ...

no...

just was a bit shocked had no idea you were scott macrae' date=' not your everyday kind of thing...good selling point though ;)

people can turn up to see how you turned out.[/quote']

just realised what you were talking about when i looked into Hubl so apologies for taking offence.

obviously the benefit of being inbread is that i have six fingers on each hand which is great for solos as well as webbed feet for speed swimming but thats another story..

just realised what you were talking about when i looked into Hubl so apologies for taking offence.

obviously the benefit of being inbread is that i have six fingers on each hand which is great for solos as well as webbed feet for speed swimming but thats another story..

Yeah could see how that would come in handy.. tough deal there...

Must be weird having an Uncle as a Dad.