aberdeen-music

gang battles in elgin

Chris

"rival schools" have always been one of my fucking pet hates....dumb fucks don't get it' date=' they should all be fighting the teachers instead....

This is the funniest thing I've read...

"Tensions were said to have risen following spates of graffiti"....... riiiiigghhhttt[/quote']

Fuck off with that "fighting the teachers" comment. Some of us are actually teachers on here, and we have a hard enough job as it is.

_41253036_elginschools203.jpg

i love how they illustrated the carnage.

The sad thing is, i know where that bin is, and why it is like that. When i worked a summer at the Moray Council Gardens, we replaced a bin at that location (just next to the graffitied building shown). We ended up doing a terible job of it, but left it anyway, despite its poor foundation. So the bin would've just needed to be puhed hard, and it would keel over.

Why?

Teachers are a luxury we have that are there to help you better your future and make something of yourself... or at least to help you learn something and learn some basic skills.

Basic skills weren't on the agenda at my school.....

I could count the amount of good teachers I've ever had on one hand, the rest made everyones life hell and took some sick sadistic pleasure in making peoples life a real fucking misery and failed to get the attention of about 95% of the class because they were powerless without their precious old cane (and they say the pen is mightier than the sword!!!). Its hard to learn anything in a class full of bored assholes, as picking fights, setting fire to your jacket, punching the teacher, ripping up the books etc. appears to be far more appealing to them...and these folk were always as good as gold and could be mistaken for civilised human beings (and maybe even demonstrate some intelligence!) in a classroom with one of the better teachers. These teachers weren't always the ones under 30, so old dogs can learn new tricks....but most the teachers I've had over 50 should have got out of the game years ago because apathy is contagious, and its thanks to these fuckers that the 500 or so folk who were at academy while i was there, left with a very poor standard of education, and the ones who actually wanted to learn (bless em) left with very low self esteem, hope or aspiration, and plenty of scars.....Luxury?

The sad thing is' date=' i know where that bin is, and why it is like that. When i worked a summer at the Moray Council Gardens, we replaced a bin at that location (just next to the graffitied building shown). We ended up doing a terible job of it, but left it anyway, despite its poor foundation. So the bin would've just needed to be puhed hard, and it would keel over.[/quote']

Hah, I know where that bin is as well. Just next to where I grew up. Although the pavillion featured has always been a target for grafitti, so dunno what the big news is....

Hemmin lepeep, less of the Elgin jibes ye Lossie tink. :up: