aberdeen-music

Best gig you've ever been to...

huntedbyafreak

hookers green, delicate awol and politik. was so great. but outwith of locally i've yet to be excited as much... which is quite lame really. seeing as i have had better atmospheres but rubbish bands failed to have the mix yet.

although i don't like damien rices music that much, his gig of which one or two of my friends went to looked really ace. candles and a screen and stuff....

got to love stage props.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

the best gigs i've ever been to would have to be eighties matchbox at the lemon tree last may, or placebo/eighties matchbox in dundee april last year. but going for this year, beecher/norma jean at kef on valentines day,they were amazing

steve,

was that the Helmet gig when they supported Korn ?

that was fucking cracking, we left about half way through korn, I didn't want to be half asleep for the drive hom e(ho ho).

a few more classics I've had the privelage of watching :

jesus lizard : garage (Glasgow)

young gods : garage

tool : cat house

pitch shifter : the venue (edinburgh)

consolidated : the venue

Cop Shoot Cop : the venue

Lamb : belle angel

mogwai : the arches

and all the readings from 1992 - 1995

Guest WalkingOnGlass
Originally posted by Dallas:

Was that when they did the Acoustic set due to Riley being ill.

If so I am soooooooooo jealous.

Yup. That was the one. She thought it sucked.

Our Lady Peace - Just started listening to them then and we got to meet the lead singer on their tour bus afterwards Dec 99 Aberdeen.

Gig on the green -Aug 03 Glasgow, one of the best days i've ever had.

Foo Fighters -Nov 02 Glasgow, first time I saw my fav band.

Local - Turning 13 at lemon tree a few months ago.

Gigs i'm looking farward to -

Marillion Glasgow Jul 04

T in the park Jul 04 (my first time at T)

Muz was blown away by the helmet drummer, using Ride Cymbals as splashes ! he he...now that's hitting...

if anything, I'd have to say that people NEED TO SEE the young gods live, it is certainly an experience...

I wonder how that new LP on ipecac is coming on...I hope it happens....

That korn gig was another fuck up of the bill..

helmet on BEFORE "shit Biskitz" (or whatever they were called)...a fucking insult to music no doubt.

we have all forgotten the amazing Clutch at the lemon tree too !

(another fucked up billing order.... ".co.uk" on AFTER clutch...my balls shrank with embarrasment !

Originally posted by lepeep:

That korn gig was another fuck up of the bill..

helmet on BEFORE "shit Biskitz" (or whatever they were called)...a fucking insult to music no doubt.

I thought Limp Bizkit were on first at least thats how i remember it.?(

infact im 100% sure it was that way around as Limp Bizkit were completely unheard of and hadn't even released there first album when they played with Korn.

That certainly was an ace gig thou and Marilyn Manson at the Barra's the next night was excellant too. :up:

could have been then, it was a while back...

perhaps I was just so enraged of the shite that I saw, it tainted my view of the whole gig !..

he he..

NIN in the barras, when downwrd spiral came out was amazing, 'reptile' was a particualr fave, because of the light show.

soundgarden at the barras (when TAD supported), 1 or 2 weeks after poor kurt cobain toped himself..."just like suicide"..what a wierd experience that was, everyone swaying, knowing full well that Kurt was gone for good...

Alice in chains in the barras, when the BBC recorded it...now that was ROCKTASTIC...

Buck 65 in Tron, last Triptych...now he's an entertainer for sure !