• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bob Double Jack
tickets.jpg

Here's some of my old tickets :up:

You've probably opened a can of worms here Lepeep by the way :D

i was at the Metallica Barrowlands gig as well - it was the best Metallica gig I have ever seen. that was when they were good!

They were good at the Barras but much better leading up to that...the Playhouse gigs were legendary!

Yeah i would have gladly gone to the Playhouse shows for Master of Puppets and AJFA rather than the LOAD Barra's gig :up:

The Barra's gig was amazing thou, walking on with the house lights on and no intro tape.

Stripped of most of there flash stage lighting and pyro, bare to the bone and amazing.

God i love Metallica :up:

I too was at the Barras 'Tallica gig - met Pepper Keenan by the bar, and had queued all night for tickets otside Ripping in Edinburgh. Great, great gig.

Was also at the White Zombie show above (still one of my all-time top 5 gigs ever), and the Backyard Baies/Groop Dogdrill £1 show (ask Johny Lucifer if he was there - he'll cry).

Other highligts in my ticket list (which are hoarded somewhere) are:

Fugazi at the Lemon Tree

Fear Factory on the Demanufacture tour

Wildhearts on almost every Scottish show from 94 onwards.

Almighty at the Usher Hall

Deftones at the QMU

Supersuckers (acoustic) some bar in Glasgow]

Ryan Adams at QMU (Gold)

Rocket From The Crypt - Music Box, Edinburgh (Ticket no. 1)

Girls Againts Boys - Edinburgh Venue

Korn with Helmet support - Barras 9tciket says SECC though)

My scanners not working....

here's mine:

gigs5cl.jpg

metallica (support: slipknot, vader)

mystic festival warm up show (including helloween, rage and some polish bands)

black sabbath (support: soulfly, velvet revolver)

iron maiden (support: don't remember :] but i remember that it sucked)

rammstein (support: apocalyptica, but i arrived too late to see them:)

metalmania2004 (including soulfly, moonspell, morbid angel, msg and many many more)

slayer (support: acid drinkers)

KNZ

kult - few times. this band and KNZ are very popular in poland

it isn't much and not very old but im still a young person :] will be more of that in the future. (hope so)

Does that mean you never saw The Wildhearts supporting The Almighty at the Music Hall in November '93 ?

Now that was a great gig :up:

I hate you.

No didn't see that tour (although had the Kerrang tour poster special plastered on my wall), but did see the Almighty at La Belle Angele in Edinburgh with Kerbdog as supprt, and the Almighty in the fucking USHER HALL (my first stage dive too...).

I hate you.

No didn't see that tour (although had the Kerrang tour poster special plastered on my wall)' date=' but did see the Almighty at La Belle Angele in Edinburgh with Kerbdog as supprt, and the Almighty in the fucking USHER HALL (my first stage dive too...).[/quote']

My first stage dive was to Carcass ;-))

Naa never saw much Almighty gigs although i do love them.

Donington'92 w/ Iron Maiden, Milton Keynes w/Metallica, The Abdn Music Hall and The Barra's w/Warrior Soul.

Great band just wish i'd went to see them at The Garage two weeks ago :-(

Donington'92 w/ Iron Maiden' date=' Milton Keynes w/Metallica, The Abdn Music Hall and The Barra's w/Warrior Soul.

Great band just wish i'd went to see them at The Garage two weeks ago :-([/quote']

Ricky Warwicks solo sets are amazing, very mellow, acoustic rock, I saw him 4 times supporting Def Leppard, he blew away the other support ofthe Darkness imo.

Cheers

Stuart

Yeah' date=' gutted I couldn't make those 2 Almighty shows either.

I like the first Ricky Warwick solo album, but the new one is a bit dissapointing. Wish he would do a proper UK tour, instead of supporting Def Leppard for the rest of his life...[/quote']

He certainly has played some solo gigs, but I guess the money and hassle is much better with Leppard.

Leppard are great live anyway so i'd rather see him in support than some other bands.

Cheers

Stuart

Donington'92 w/ Iron Maiden' date=' Milton Keynes w/Metallica, The Abdn Music Hall and The Barra's w/Warrior Soul.([/quote']

I was at the Barras w/Warrior Soul one too. I'm sure I saw them more than once at the Barras, but I'm easily confused tbh. Was there an Almighty Christmas gig? I know I still have a T-shirt that says 'Ho Ho Fuckin Ho' on the back...

Funnily enough, at The Soundgarden gig at QMU mentioned earlier I very nearly got thrown out for chasing Ricky Warwick (who was in the crowd) all round the place yelling "Riiiiiickyyyyyyyy!!!!!"