aberdeen-music

moshulu 11th january

aye well it aint some shitey all local indie line up is it??

those bands will be rather expensive and are pretty established.

to be honest i think RFR do a great job at getting these bands to aberdeen and dont really need twats liek you whinging about prices of gigs and bands you know fuck all about

?( ......sorry. What I actually meant was shame the price was a wee bit too much for me to stretch to to watch it. Wasnt actually winging. But Horses for Courses really I suppose.

About the ticket price for this gig : Doubt they would've had much leverage over the price of it anyway, maybe a pound either way, but can't imagine they would've had the freedom to set the price at what they wanted.

About ticket prices in general : They've been creeping up over the last few months in a local context, which isn't a good thing at all :(

8 quid seems worth it to me. An up and coming local band generating some fans, Zaccharia are playing with Most Precious Blood and The Constantines soon, The Juliana Theory and HTD are featured in Rock Sound and I think Metal Hammer this month and Haste The Day are playing with Every Time I Die, Bleeding Through and Between The Buried And Me over in America in the coming months.

So nae really that expensive in the grand scheme of it compared to some all-local lineups? :p

About the ticket price for this gig : Doubt they would've had much leverage over the price of it anyway' date=' maybe a pound either way, but can't imagine they would've had the freedom to set the price at what they wanted.[/quote']

Why would you want to change the price of a gig that's generally well-priced I'd say for what should be a co-headlining tour calling in Aberdeen with decent supports?

About ticket prices in general : They've been creeping up over the last few months in a local context' date=' which isn't a good thing at all :([/quote']

Examples?

Why would you want to change the price of a gig that's generally well-priced I'd say for what should be a co-headlining tour calling in Aberdeen with decent supports?

I wouldn't' date=' that's the thing...it's not like moshulu gigs are ever ridiculously priced in advance, i'm not keen on the whole bumping up the charge if you buy at the door, but I know the reasoning behind that and can't argue. 8 quid is more than fair enough for bands with as much name value as they do, anyway.

Examples?

Biggest example that comes to mind is the Kathryn/Amy Sawyers gig at the Tunnels recently, 5 for that was a bit steep. there's others, just can't be arsed to search for them, but I don't think there's much excuse to be charging that much for essentially local acts.

Some people might say that 5 is reasonable enough, but what if all local gigs went up to 5?

i'm not keen on the whole bumping up the charge if you buy at the door' date=' but I know the reasoning behind that and can't argue.[/quote']

I know you're not moaning about it but I can't understand why people have an issue with tickets being slightly more expensive on the door. Take RFR gigs - you could buy tickets in multiple outlets in advance (One Up, Sound & Vision, The Bassment etc. - even on the same day as the gig if you head out earlier on!), you can buy online, borrow money from people and pay them back, get your small mate with clumsy feet to buy one and trip him up and steal his one or try and bribe Jamesy perhaps with a nice foot massage or an attractive hat and get your cheaper ticket in advance. This allows you more cash to buy another pint, make your piggy bank a bit heavier or buy a tasty Kinder Egg or something as well as relieving promoter's headaches somewhat. If you end up at the door with no ticket and have to pay say another 1 or 2 pounds then there's no one to blame but yourself RFR-wise :p

Some people might say that 5 is reasonable enough' date=' but what if all local gigs went up to 5?[/quote']

Then people would probably vote with their wallets and feet and not attend. The gig in question isn't a local gig either so this point perhaps deserves another thread although there's doubtless debate somewhere else in't archives about this...

Allo' Allo',

In terms of these kind of gigs, or indeed most touring packages with 'proper' booking agents, I dont get any choice on the ticket price, I get told what it is, and have to make an offer according, and it's always a case of chase chase chase, so you can be hella' sure that their ain't no bargains in this game for the promotor..

I think it's just a case of 'Aberdeen Syndrome', if a band you like goes to Glasgow, you'll gladly order a ticket online, pay like 10-12 quid, then at least 15 quid to get there, plus all the little extras, but if it's in your home city, in a venue that you frequent, then you look at it as pricey, it aint that much.

The way I always look at things is like this..What's £8? A Burger King and a half, 3/4 of a Pizza Hut Pizza (Stuffed Crust, of course) or not even a round of drinks.

This gig is also the only Scottish date, so it should be wicked, and geez, it must be a good thing for Abnerdeen to be in that sorta position as there's people travelling from all over Scotland for it. Same goes for Terror. These kinda gigs, coupled with Himsa/3 Inches, just get me all the closer to bringing in a little bit of Converge, maybe to The Tunnels.. Muahaha.

JamesyRFR

Allo' Allo'' date='

In terms of these kind of gigs, or indeed most touring packages with 'proper' booking agents, I dont get any choice on the ticket price, I get told what it is, and have to make an offer according, and it's always a case of chase chase chase, so you can be hella' sure that their ain't no bargains in this game for the promotor..

I think it's just a case of 'Aberdeen Syndrome', if a band you like goes to Glasgow, you'll gladly order a ticket online, pay like 10-12 quid, then at least 15 quid to get there, plus all the little extras, but if it's in your home city, in a venue that you frequent, then you look at it as pricey, it aint that much.

The way I always look at things is like this..What's £8? A Burger King and a half, 3/4 of a Pizza Hut Pizza (Stuffed Crust, of course) or not even a round of drinks.

This gig is also the only Scottish date, so it should be wicked, and geez, it must be a good thing for Abnerdeen to be in that sorta position as there's people travelling from all over Scotland for it. Same goes for Terror. These kinda gigs, coupled with Himsa/3 Inches, just get me all the closer to bringing in a little bit of Converge, maybe to The Tunnels.. Muahaha.

JamesyRFR[/quote']

nail on head. obviously being the booking agent this man knows what he is talking bout but yea....£8 for the quality of lineup here is stupidly good.

well done on moshulu getting another great gig. scottish only too.

cant wait. this one will be amazing. juliana theory will show you all how to rock n roll :D

obviously being the booking agent this man knows what he is talking bout

James..... Booking Agent..... something you're not telling me....?

Next time you are in Glasgow I will supply accomodation for 13 at no cost or indeed give you 280 for a sleeper bus contribution.*

* Please note that this is an "IN JOKE" and that James will now be pissing himself and will probably phone me telling me that I am sad for still being in the office at 10.10pm having been in from 9.30am.

Lovely