aberdeen-music

am i allowed to be thrown out of a bar in the middle of the day

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest MerryChristmas
I recall my fiancee being refused entry into Archibald Simpson's one evening after we had been to the cinema.

She only had her student ID on her (which showed that she was 24) and yet the bouncers still turned her away.

Student IDs are the most commonly faked

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Student IDs are the most commonly faked

I think most places accept the Uni ids? College are the one's with the problem. Aberdeen College should really improve the quality of their ids and ensure that they can't be faked so easily. Because unless you drive, or have a provisional (which you have to pay for), student ids are really the only other form of id I can think of? Except for that 'citizen card' thing they always have leaflets for in off-licences, but I've never known anyone with one of them so Im not even sure how widely they're accepted. And carrying your passport around town when you're drunk isn't really the best plan..

my passport never leaves my wallet. partly because it's the only legit ID i have apart from my student card and partly because i can leave the country immediately if the authorities come after me.

/x

Haha, ace. My passport photo is so bad that i actually feel embarassed when i have to show it when leaving/coming into the country. Bloody things.

I think most places accept the Uni ids? College are the one's with the problem. Aberdeen College should really improve the quality of their ids and ensure that they can't be faked so easily. Because unless you drive' date=' or have a provisional (which you have to pay for), student ids are really the only other form of id I can think of? Except for that 'citizen card' thing they always have leaflets for in off-licences, but I've never known anyone with one of them so Im not even sure how widely they're accepted. And carrying your passport around town when you're drunk isn't really the best plan..[/quote']

aberdeen college id's are done on a computer and are just as easily faked as any other student id surely.

Guest bluesxman
my passport never leaves my wallet. partly because it's the only legit ID i have apart from my student card and partly because i can leave the country immediately if the authorities come after me.

/x

How big is your wallet?????(

aberdeen college id's are done on a computer and are just as easily faked as any other student id surely.

Yeh I noticed Aberdeen College ones looked really dodgy.

My Aberdeen Uni card is perfect because it says when I was 18. I do tend to take my passport sometimes but never had a problem with Aberdeen Uni cards.

if i am completely sober' date=' and trying to purchase a soft drink...under the grounds that I don't have a form of ID? By the way, I'm 20 years old. I'm quite sure this is allowed, but I may be wrong. This incident has pissed me off.

Even though I stayed in the pub.[/quote']

Yeh this happened to me, even though I was just with some older friends as they wanted something to eat :S ocht weelll

Maybe they thought all your mates were underage and tried to ID you as looking the oldest just so you could all stay in.

or then again - maybe they just didn't like the cut of your Jib!!

Most likely-one of his group probably looked underage so they ID'ed the whole group.

If one of a group looks/is underage, chances are they wont be the only one, so to be on the safe side everyone gets checked.

That' date=' or maybe they thought "I wanna have a look at this twats photo!" :D[/quote']

*cough*

done that before :D

I used to love ID'ing people who would throw a strop over it, people always look so crestfallen when they get ID'ed and they don't have any on them :D

Incidentally, another reason for the person ID'ing you might have been the simple prospect of a big fine looming over them if you were underage ;)

Guest neil ex

And no' date=' the problem is that they haven't been told not to serve drink to under 21's, but rather to just ID them to make sure they're old enough.

[/quote']

How do you know that? ?(

A piece of advice: dont keep your plectrums in the change compartment of your wallet. One day I was drunk and gave a homeless person with a cute dog a handful of change and accidentally gave him my backyard babies plectrum and didn't realise til I got home.

it's ok, the plecs are in the clear bit where you might put some form of photo ID such as a dricers license. also, there are no backyard babies plectrums, cos i only listen to good bands ;)

/x

if i am completely sober' date=' and trying to purchase a soft drink...under the grounds that I don't have a form of ID? By the way, I'm 20 years old. I'm quite sure this is allowed, but I may be wrong. This incident has pissed me off.

Even though I stayed in the pub.[/quote']

Can I just add that any grown man that enters a bar and orders a softdrink probably deserves to be chucked out.

Yeah' date=' I can't buy alcohol in asda... they have a "only sell to over 21's" policy... I haven't tried since it came in. I've never had a problem buying in Spar though *shrugs* but I do look older than my age so perhaps that's why.

My fallback is the fact my other half is oer 21 :)[/quote']

the garthdee asda did this to me and my friend in the summer, we were only buying beers and both had id but not being 21 they would sell us, so my friend emailed the head office and politly told them that this was a discrase and every embarrissing.

the reply was that they were very sorry and this would be changed imediatly so when we went back a few days later and the same thing happend but my friend made a fuss and we got to speak to the manager and were given 10% off so we went back round the shop and bought loads

the garthdee asda did this to me and my friend in the summer' date=' we were only buying beers and both had id but not being 21 they would sell us, so my friend emailed the head office and politly told them that this was a discrase and every embarrissing.

the reply was that they were very sorry and this would be changed imediatly so when we went back a few days later and the same thing happend but my friend made a fuss and we got to speak to the manager and were given 10% off so we went back round the shop and bought loads[/quote']

we have a thing like this at sainsburys, everyone thinks you have to be 21 to buy booze.

but its only if you look under 21 then you'll have to get ID'd,

instead of before when if we reckoned you were over 18 you got sold.

you still need only be 18 to buy but if you look under 21 you'll get ID'd as a precaution.

lots of kids looking older, sainsburys getting sued, etc, etc

also, i got ID'd to buy a J2o the other day. that confused me ???

discrase - meaning a thing that happened that you're not quite sure how to spell.

I'm kinda scared to buy alcohol in Asda now. I bought in Tesco last night and I didn't even get ID'd (I must actually look 21 or something...nah, don't think so). However, once I was buying alcohol in Tesco and I was there with two other people. The alcohol was all just for me (24 pack of John Smith's I think), I queued behind my mates (they were buying other things), but since one of my mates was 17 they wouldn't sell me it for some reason. Bit strange I thought. Went up to Asda instead, got it for cheaper anyways...bastards.

Guest neil ex
The alcohol was all just for me (24 pack of John Smith's I think)' date=' I queued behind my mates (they were buying other things), but since one of my mates was 17 they wouldn't sell me it for some reason. Bit strange I thought. Went up to Asda instead, got it for cheaper anyways...bastards.[/quote']

It's a bit like trying to explain to the polis that your four ounces of weed is for personal use.

I would never have let that sale happen either. For Obvious reasons!

the garthdee asda did this to me and my friend in the summer' date=' we were only buying beers and both had id but not being 21 they would sell us, so my friend emailed the head office and politly told them that this was a discrase and every embarrissing.

the reply was that they were very sorry and this would be changed imediatly so when we went back a few days later and the same thing happend but my friend made a fuss and we got to speak to the manager and were given 10% off so we went back round the shop and bought loads[/quote']

Did you not buy a dictionary? :D