aberdeen-music

Hints on getting rid of a cold?

Hog

Ok, excuses excuses hehe. I did a bit of vocals on Sunday and couldnt finish the song, turns out that I have a cold (boofuckinghoo). Have another gig on Saturday and need to get better. What is the best way to rid oneself of a sore throat, sneezing etc etc.

Cheers

Hawg

Ok' date=' excuses excuses hehe. I did a bit of vocals on Sunday and couldnt finish the song, turns out that I have a cold (boofuckinghoo). Have another gig on Saturday and need to get better. What is the best way to rid oneself of a sore throat, sneezing etc etc.

Cheers

Hawg[/quote']

Get some Lemsip Max.

Worked for me.

Maybe some Strepsils for the sore throat.

Ok' date=' excuses excuses hehe. I did a bit of vocals on Sunday and couldnt finish the song, turns out that I have a cold (boofuckinghoo). Have another gig on Saturday and need to get better. What is the best way to rid oneself of a sore throat, sneezing etc etc.

Cheers

Hawg[/quote']

Try a vindaloo, or vodka which has been infused with chillies.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

8 cans of Blackthorn. Seriously, it worked for me a few weeks ago. As soon as I finished my first can, I stopped coughing and my nose stopped running. Then there was the bonus of being pissed.

8 cans of Blackthorn. Seriously' date=' it worked for me a few weeks ago. As soon as I finished my first can, I stopped coughing and my nose stopped running. Then there was the bonus of being pissed.[/quote']

If I had to in my Mouth it would of been projected on to my keyboard, instead it was one of those clear watery bogeys, you know the kind.

Thanks Dave.:up:

Hot honey and lemon. Yummm, and it makes you feel all cosy, soothes your throat and makes you feel much better.

Also, try getting some cough/cold medicine..just go in the chemist and demand something that will make you better:up:

Sudafed. The capsules and the spray. If you can't sleep for a blocked up nose then the spray stuff is a godsend.

Sore throat - gargle with aspirin.

Anything that alleviates your symptoms long enough for your body to fight the infection.

Personally I prefer to stuff myself full of paracetemol and food plus lots of water/irn bru/hot drinks :D

Guest pop-notmyface

you could fly to china and experience some of the ancient healing arts or maybe consult the all-knowing, all-healing "Mindalenius Cassiserious the Healer":

Michael%20the%20Healer.jpg

(nah, he's actually just called Michael)

I'm sure Mel had a particularly stinky cure for a cold. No vampires round her way.

it wasn't so much a cure as total agony and a way to make my throat worse. i was on the verge of losing my voice a couple years ago and my dad insisted that the best thing i could do was to chew a clove of garlic, whole. he claimed that's what he always did and it was the best thing for me. none of my medicine was working so i gave it a go. it tasted horrible, made my throat worse and i reeked of garlic for days afterwards.

binky lucifer showed me the wonders of beecham's flu plus in hot berry flavour a couple weeks ago. that stuff is the shit. soothes your throat, clears your nose and tastes like heaven. if your throat's still sore on friday, get some throateze or these eucalyptus cough pastilles that you can get from mickie's the chemist (i think you can still get them anyway). they come in a green pack that reads 'for singers and public speakers'. they work a treat even though they taste disgusting.

Guest neil ex
8 cans of Blackthorn. Seriously' date=' it worked for me a few weeks ago. As soon as I finished my first can, I stopped coughing and my nose stopped running. Then there was the bonus of being pissed.[/quote']

It's one way of getting to sleep when you have a cold.

take vitamins, painkillers and cold style drinks (like lemsip), but obviously don't go taking paracetamol if theres paracetamol in the lemsip, find another drug like nurofen.

I find the most important thing to do is just not letting it get on top of you, try and forget about it, beat it mentally, i've found in doing that colds that used to last 2 weeks are now normally gone within a week.