aberdeen-music

Best Newcomer! FMA06 - yes, yet another poll

The Ghost Of Fudge

sorry douglas' date=' i happen to have missed that there

your bass playing = you wanking up and down your frets while the song falls to pieces (in my humble/tinnitus ridden ears) just sounds like a pile of mince.

it doesnt help when you are out of time, perhaps it was a bad night etc perhaps the (lack of) soundsystem was to blame. but either way its not my problem

i shouldnt have said playing it like a guitar, as when done properly (small enclosed area/mogwai/red sparowes/shellac etc) it can sound awesome.[/quote']

If his guitar-style-bass-playing thingy he has going is in a kind of lead guitar style, as Les said, then Peter Hook simply must be added to that bracket.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Les Stroszek
quality' date=' my msg wasnt a dig at u at all, just banter, merry xmas x[/quote']

I hope you didn't take offence at me calling you to get that pub quiz answer. I just thought you'd know about Family Guy :laughing:

Guest Les Stroszek

your bass playing = you wanking up and down your frets while the song falls to pieces (in my humble/tinnitus ridden ears) just sounds like a pile of mince.

it doesnt help when you are out of time, perhaps it was a bad night etc perhaps the (lack of) soundsystem was to blame. but either way its not my problem

i shouldnt have said playing it like a guitar, as when done properly (small enclosed area/mogwai/red sparowes/shellac etc) it can sound awesome.[/quote']

Fine. Whatever. Can you go back to listening to your own kind of thing we get the message that you don't like us? In the meantime we go on doing what we want to do though you seem to find that offensive in some sort of way. Im going to write the most unashamably poppy song designed to wriggle inside your, painfully hip tittinus infected ears, and annoy the living daylights out of all you painfully cool people! Ok Maxwell!

Fine. Whatever. Can you go back to listening to your own kind of thing we get the message that you don't like us?

your mate doug asked a question (many times)' date=' i gave him an answer

In the meantime we go on doing what we want to do though you seem to find that offensive in some sort of way.

[/quote=les]

you seem to think i dont like pop music! clueless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you also seem to think i have a vendetta against you, i honestly could not give two shits about STROSZEK and what/how well you are doing, its nice to see new bands doing well! its not like i have gone on some rampage slagging you off etc, you are totally inoffensive to me, i practically have FUCK ALL opinion about your band!

Im going to write the most unashamably poppy song designed to wriggle inside your' date=' painfully hip tittinus infected ears, and annoy the living daylights out of all you painfully cool people! Ok Maxwell![/quote']

like i give a fuck what you do!!!!!!!!!!??? i fucking love pop music!!!!! i still stand by songs like coldplay "fix you", million dead "living the dream", kt tunstall "suddenly i sleep", kayne west "golddigger" etc being singles of the year

i have far better things to be doing with my (enjoyable) life!!! if you think i spend hours crying about your band being boring you are seriously deluded!!!!!!!

i dont understand why you take things so personally

im sure i am not the first to say that i dont like your band!!!!!!!

some over opinionated idiot doesnt like your band, drop the fucking kleenex and get on with it, nobody is interested in your sad replys, let your music do the talking!!!!!!!

Guest Les Stroszek

Well I can't think of too many people who have came out and said they don't like us but I can't expect everyone to like us! Its more the nature of the criticism that has annoyed me and I think I have a right to defend my bandmates! We have a different opinion on pop music I think Coldplay are boring! Id appreciate it Stuart if you ddin't reply to this I'll PM you when I get the time but Im at work and shouldn't be on here.

Oooh I thought this had all died.

See the whole problem seems to be that the night you saw us I just got uncharacteristically nervous, plus there were problems with monitors and stuff (as you've said), so I could barely hear Les's guitar and the drum machine, and I certainly couldn't hear Richey's singing - I freely admit I was well out of time through a LOT of that set - but fretwanking? There was a bit in one of our songs, Admonition, that I've since realised sounded rather out of place, but even that was hardly fretwanking. If you think it was, you must hate Flea's bass playing even more than I do!

Fair enough though.

Maxi isnt actually an 'over opinionated wanker' as suggested, he is just a guy who is happy to express his HONEST opinion without a fear of being disliked, which is fairly honerable in my opinion.

He doesnt like strosek (spelling i know) but im sure there are people who do. No point in everyone getting pissed off. People not liking you is gonna happen, people who arent afraid to tell you like Maxwell isnt, is gonna happen!

Anyway, in conclusion, vote CopyHaHo, they may not be newcomers, but they are fucking great. :love:

Guest bluesxman
Anyway' date=' in conclusion, vote CopyHaHo, they may not be newcomers, but they are fucking great. :love:[/quote']

You're just biased....but I saw them for the first time last Sunday, they were very good. And I like their little dinosaur picture they taped to the mike stand.

Oooh I thought this had all died.

See the whole problem seems to be that the night you saw us I just got uncharacteristically nervous' date=' plus there were problems with monitors and stuff (as you've said), so I could barely hear Les's guitar and the drum machine, and I certainly couldn't hear Richey's singing -

[/quote']

thats not anyones problem but your own. the copy ha ho, a forest lot seemed to have no problems playign in time

you must hate Flea's bass playing even more than I do!

probably, i hate the rhcp - i hate pretty much everything they have done bar a few songs

Guest Les Stroszek

I've watched the video and our show was more together than people would like to have you believe. It was more difficult for us with the drum machine that night as we just couldn't hear it whilst the other bands had real drummers. Thats something we're going to sort out when we move. You know I would rather no-one knew about us moving but Richey had to tell Maxwell and then everybody knows. I think we held it together as well as we could on that night but the gig was a long time ago and we've done many gigs since then so its not important. I would appreciate it if no-one Maxwell or Doug or anybody replied to this and its not mentioned again.

Anyway regarding what Project Van-Hell said I know everyone can't like us and I would be worried if they did as it would mean we've probaly tuned into Coldplay or U2! Its a shame the argument got so out of hand as I A. Tried to dismiss the situation at first untill richey waded in with his 'I hate Maxwell' comment and it all kicked off and then we all opened our big mouths and B. Certainly in the case of me and Doug a lot of our comments we're made humoursly (ok maybe our dry sense of humour doesn't work in here but we're far from serious people!). For example when I said to Maxwell 'we're going to write a song so poppy its going to get right up your nose' it was meant as a joke but was followed up with Maxwell going on about how much he loves pop and giving a list of his favourite songs of the year as if we we're really questioning him! People seem to take every comment we make so deadly seriously and get dead upset about totally innocuous things and none of us are that serious, but if people react in such a po-faced manner then we will not being saying anything else. From now on none of Stroszek will be posting on here and will have no dealings with any other Aberdeen bands over Myspace. I feel very disgruntled about things when I have people coming up and threatening me in Exodus over totally stupid things (comments made in good faith taken the wrong way) when I was just standing quietly in the corner with my girlfriend. Its a real shame. I've had personal issues with one Aberdeen band ,which is a real shame and I regret that there had to be any problems and for me and hopefully them they are long in the past, but I've never slagged them off to anyone and with everyone else I've never been anything else but nice.

For fuck sakes.

This thread fills me with hate.

Everyone who has got into this argument should be dead. Or banned. Preferably dead. Banned doesn't hurt enough.

You're all whiny little bitch bastards. I'm tired of this constant drivel. I haven't heard Stroszek, but it's a shite band name, and Maxi's in shit bands. End of.

Your transparency on here displays your true feelings eternally.

Merry Christmas motherfuckers.

P.S. I vote the Welles

For fuck sakes.

This thread fills me with hate.

Everyone who has got into this argument should be dead. Or banned. Preferably dead. Banned doesn't hurt enough.

You're all whiny little bitch bastards. I'm tired of this constant drivel. I haven't heard Stroszek' date=' but it's a shite band name, and Maxi's in shit bands. End of.

Your transparency on here displays your true feelings eternally.

Merry Christmas motherfuckers.

P.S. I vote the Welles[/quote']

i laughed so loud i woke up my family, whose house i am staying at over christmas. i used to live here. indeed. vote copy haho or the welles because quite frankly, there isn't anything else worth voting for.

watching the video of your band by the way is in no way a fair representation of how good you were. lol. my bands do it sometimes but just for teh craic, because in a few months time you look back and go 'oooooooooooooh dear'.

envisage yourself as a crowd member, bored to almost literal death by interpol songs that you wrote and then remember that everyone likes different stuff and that this aberdeen music and fudge thing is meant to be a bit of fun. christ almight, did anyone else see jamesy's speach last year? what a hoot and a holler that was, i almost came cos i laughed so hard. Stop wining like a little cunt and get on with it.

ooooh maxi i can't believe you hate my band. waaaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

mon the fudge awards!

I imagine it's because you and craig are the listed moderators rather than the staff. It's really annoying. As soon as I see a deleted post my instinct is to click on it and see what hideous insult lies within (for they are always insulting, that's why they get deleted). But here I am foiled.