aberdeen-music

Sitting Higher music this year? Play guitar?

>>RosS<<

Originally posted by Mouse:

I done higher last year but done bass and violin. For advanced higher I'm doing grade 6 guitar pieces along with Fade To Black by Metallica

Hmm, apocalyptica style...

Although they never played violins, did they?

I know thats not what you said, but it should have been...

i did some stuff from the grade 5 rock school book, although for higher, the rock school stuff i did was the old skool rock school and not the new stuff. but its maybe worth trying some rock school stuff (unless you already are) as then you know its up to standard. even if rock school is a bit crap. i also did a pink floyd song.

You could by a guitar grade 5 exam book, then you are certain that they fit. They will probably be really boring or difficult but if you go into a music shop they may show you some jazz or rock exam books?

Im guessing cause I did that for my piano and flute.

Everyone I know just does all the rock school stuff.

I just got a B in my higher music prelim which is my best mark so far :) My music practical final was good too...got by far the best examiner in the world! He swayed to my pieces, and smiled lots and I had to make him coffee! Good fun :]