aberdeen-music

What does everyone think of the new smoking laws

JaseyBoi

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure Roy Castle's widow' date=' for one, would beg to differ on that issue.[/quote']

Heh. Funny, but SOMEHOW I saw that one coming. Scientific evidence. please, folks. Because right now, there's about as much of it as there is to back Intelligent Design.

Your arguments are all so formulaic and hackneyed that they make me wince.

Cheerio.

ALL GLORY TO THE PURITANICAL HEALTH-GODS.

Heh. Funny' date=' but SOMEHOW I saw that one coming. Scientific evidence. please, folks. Because right now, there's about as much of it as there is to back Intelligent Design.[/quote']

Scientific - it makes you stink!; it does make your eyes hurt; it does give you a cough!. turns your teeth and hands a nice yellow colour- attractive.

I love going to the holburn now for a pub lunch while at work as I can come back to the office and not stink of smoke.

It's a minging habbit and should not be imposed on others in an enclosed environment. IMHO there is nothing more disgusting that a girl smoking. maybe one thing, the same girl coughing her guts up then sparking up another fag. nice.

You can't die of passive smoking, just as you can't die of smoking. You can die from the effects of smoking, and passive smoking has similar effects. Especially if someone is already suseptable to a condition (i.e. a cancer in their family) then passive smoking can only make it worse. Does anyone remember smokebusters. Yes, I was a member (have since smoked so I can't really get on my high horse). Do you remember the list of stuff that was in cigarettes? I'm sorry but even breathing in a small passive amount of thoses substances has to harm you, whether it's noticeable or not. The only reason that people are not willing to say for definate that passive smoking causes diseases is because there are so many different factors (genetics, envirinment etc.) that affect you that it would be almost impossible to prove. But if passive smoking does absolutely no harm then people wouldn't have a problem smoking infront of their new born. and if anyone does that they deserve to be sterile (in my humble opinion) :swearing:

Scientific - it makes you stink!; it does make your eyes hurt; it does give you a cough!. turns your teetch and hands a nice yellow colour- attractive.

I love going to the holburn now for a pub lunch while at work as I can come back to the office and not stink of smoke.

It's a minging habbit and should not be imposed on others in an enclosed environment. IMHO there is nothing more disgusting that a girl smoking. maybe one thing' date=' the same girl coughing her guts up then sparking up another fag. nice.[/quote']

Yawn. You suffer an inconvenience as a result of smoking? Tough luck. Just because you dislike something, doesn't mean you can ban it. Sorry squire.

We live in a democracy, more people dislike smoking than like it - so it's going to be banned. I think it's the one good thign this government will have done.

It bugs me when i come home stinking after a couple of hours in most pubs in aberdeen, but I accept it as it's 'the norm'. I think there should be some bars where smoking should be allowed as we should cater for every part of society. I can pretty much bet you though they aren't going to be full of groups on nights out, it'll be loner pint men/women.

they can all cough their guts up together. how nice.

And here. have some more for good measure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16230308&query_hl=1

alternatively go to pubmed and search for passive smoking, you'll find all you need to know, and it's all from medical journals, so no crappy intermet made up shite!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

blas inte rok pa mig din feta tjokis!

where is this non-smoking pub anyway? holburn i mean. and is there any other pubs in aberdeen that are non-smoking?

in sweden almost every pub/club have a smoking room now. (since the ban of smoking in pubs/resturants). so that the smoker won't have to run in and out of the place all the time. the whole thing is working great and i can't see that it wouldn't be able to work here. or anywhere else.

where is this non-smoking pub anyway? holburn i mean. and is there any other pubs in aberdeen that are non-smoking?

in sweden almost every pub/club have a smoking room now. (since the ban of smoking in pubs/resturants). so that the smoker won't have to run in and out of the place all the time. the whole thing is working great and i can't see that it wouldn't be able to work here. or anywhere else.

Now you see, a smoking room would be dandy. A compromise would be dandy. However, the anti-smoking gestapo aren't happy with that. No, they're not. Because they hate smoking and just love imposing their will upon others. Zieg heil.

Guest tv tanned
Now you see' date=' a smoking room would be dandy. A compromise would be dandy. However, the anti-smoking gestapo aren't happy with that. No, they're not. Because they hate smoking and just love imposing their will upon others. Zieg heil.[/quote']

*yawn*

don't you ever get tired of talking shit?

bunch of know it all scumbags ?

Nah Nah im kidding.

they can ban smoking all they want. Clubs / pubs and whereever else this ban could take place the owners will realise they will probably lose alot of clientale and make designated areas.

So hopefully it will give the goverment and cunts something less to moan about.

*for all those anti smokers don't throw a hissy fit , Just remember death is inevitable*

God im such a bringer of peace

nvkro war kvlt 4eva !!!

Guest tv tanned
they can ban smoking all they want. Clubs / pubs and whereever else this ban could take place the owners will realise they will probably lose alot of clientale

From a previous post: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?p=400312&highlight=smoking#post400312

MYTH 5: A ban on smoking in pubs would lose thousands of jobs in the hospitality industry.

FACT: A reprot from the Irish Central Statistics Office revealed that in November 2004 (seven months after the ban was introduced) bar sales were down just 2.8% compared to the previous year, The decrease in the year before was 7.1%. Scare stories about the Irish hospitality industry should be viewed in the context of the long term trend in Irish bar sales.

In Norway in 2003 386 businesses in the bars, pubs and restaurants sector went bankrupt. In 2004, the year the ban was introduced the figure was 372.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Personally, I prefer to go outside to smoke - It encourages you to get fresh air and a bit of a break from a loud club.

But surely clubs like Exodus won't allow you to go in and out all the time. The bouncers are pretty wary of someone going out and in once, never mind soneone who wants to smoke a few cigarettes.

But I guess they'll just have to work around it.