aberdeen-music

What does everyone think of the new smoking laws

JaseyBoi

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see what u doing guys and tbh for a nano second you nion had me

Please tell me both posts above are a joke?

There's only one donor register in the UK, doesn't matter if you're NHS or private healthcare - everyone waits on the same list.

Yes you register wether you will have NHS surgery or wether its private ...... Private will always be dealt with before NHS (altho the private patiant pays they are still treated by an nhs doctor.............

i see what u doing guys and tbh for a nano second you nion had me

Please tell me both posts above are a joke?

Yes you register wether you will have NHS surgery or wether its private ...... Private will always be dealt with before NHS (altho the private patiant pays they are still treated by an nhs doctor.............

1. You can have a transplant procedure performed in a private hospital

However, unless you have arranged a donor (i.e. a family member or a compatible friend) you will have to join the organ donor list - of which there is ONE in the UK.

Considering liver transplants have to be from dead or nearly dead donors, (unlike kidneys where donors can survive normally with a single kidney), then it is clear that George Best would have been waiting on the transplant waiting list. So, regardless of WHERE he received his treatment, he would have waited on the transplant list like every other NHS and private healthcare patient.

Do you need me to draw some pictures for you?

I am now trying to patronise you, in case that wasn't immediately clear to you.

You don't think its a bit rich to apply for a job in a pub and then complain that you are exposed to smoke?

You are missing the point here' date=' there are more important issues at stake than the simple facts of smoking. Yes the government trades in arms, yes, the government makes money from tobacco, yes the government murders innocent people with impunity under the guise of "just war".

What you don't seem to understand is that tobacco isn't the enemy, the thing you should be outraged about is this kind of hipocrisy, but none of you give a fuck, clearly. Some of you pay lipservice to alternative attitudes but really none of you actually care as long as you can watch telly, play PS2, fuck your girlfriend and eat out once in a while. It's disgusting.[/quote']

oh grow up. so just because people aren't proactive about civil liberties or card carrying members of liberty or amnesty they're not allowed a strong opinion on the matter? get a grip. you've not made one specific point that's made any sense, you are consistently making your arguments more ridiculous and inflammatory in a vain attempt to score some lame points which bare no relation to what was actually being discussed in this thread.

banning smoking is not as big a threat to civil liberties as id cards. it is not as big a human rights abuse as dawn raids on asylum seekers. it is a ban to improve the health of scotland. we're a dying country and should be fucking ashamed of our health record.

F.A.C.T 3

If smoking is sooooooo bad then why has it took nion 30 years for both tobaco companys and government to now come forward and admit Tobaco costs lives (Funding to suit)

cause they were making shitloads of money from it. like megabucks. like some of the richest people in the world. like WOW, THAT'S A HELLUVA LOT OF MONEY.

as soon as they went "hey, smoking is addictive and kills you painfully and slowly", get this, people didn't want to smoke anymore. crazy eh? just as well they made it one of the most addictive drugs ever though, who needs to advertise when they need it so bad. still the money rolls in.

stop embarrasing yourself.

If you're top of the waiting list in your area for a transplant and one gets donated, you'll get operated on straight away regardless if you're private or NHS.

I wouldn't dare to comment really, especially because the people involved with transplants and waiting lists (in this country) would be held to be professionals and not to be swayed by that kind of thing.

If we're speaking a tinpot Asian country though, then you could probably arrange to get someone murdered for their liver for a few quid :p

I wouldn't dare to comment really' date=' especially because the people involved with transplants and waiting lists (in this country) would be held to be professionals and not to be swayed by that kind of thing.

If we're speaking a tinpot Asian country though, then you could probably arrange to get someone murdered for their liver for a few quid :p[/quote']

Very true... but you never know, the country could be corrupt up to its nasal canal! Don't think it is... but do you really trust those doctors with their big pointy scalpals and evil smile behind their masks?