aberdeen-music

My favourite drummer is....

Hog

Guest bluesxman

As with all musical instruments it's a bit dependent on your preferred style of playing - impressively played but overly fiddly wanky stuff or something simpler which sticks to the point and gets the job done!

My choice - Keith Moon. With Dave Grohl a close second.

• 2 weeks later...

machine

Dave weckl gets my vote. He's got such a fluid style but he's so tight with it. Got a live album of him with his band and it's jst unreal. Close behind is portnoy, cos he's jst fuckin awesome at generally rockin out. Bonham is a legend, his old skool style will never die. My namesake (the guy who's name i pinched for this site) ''?uestlove Ahmir Thomson" is a killer drummer/producer. Recently started listenin to lots of grindcore shit, and i've gotta say, the drummers for bands like that really take drumming to an alienated level. Implosive Disgorgence, song called chapter 1...holy shit - www.hxcmp3.com/bands//index.php

Dennis Chambers. Chris (Element 106 drummer) told me about this guy so I checked him out. I love Gene Hoglans drumming' date=' the guy is a machine! and I still think that Dennis cant do the kick stuff that Gene can but as an allround drummer, Dennis gets my vote.

Ok, [url']www.dennischambers.com

then select videos

then select spain 95

then choose clip 4 :rockon:

Actually gel face, Dennis Chambers could piss on Gene Hoglan double bass wise also, didnt you see that drum solo i had on VHS? :rockon: