aberdeen-music

Fat Hippy Comp - anyone got it yet?

Afro Droid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bob Double Jack

i was pleasantly surprised by how good virtually all of it is - I can genuinely say that it the best recording (quality wise) we have ever done. Like Eddison, Funktree, Atom, Q, and Radio Lucifer track has a cool riff

Q's track? Is that Q of Tom's fame?!!

No, it's that other Q, the omnipotent villian/prankster of Star Trek The Next Generation (played by actor John de Lancie) who, by pure chance, heard of The Fat Hippy project and could think of no better way to spend his free time than recording a one off number for this recent compilation.

• 2 weeks later...
Where's this review then G - bring it on!

Eddison...Well performed with good vocals, poor mix and severe lack of bottom end let it down.

Ross Nicol... Nice enough song that should appeal to fans of current pop/rock, not my cuppa but stars of the future no doubt.

Amy Sawers... Time to admit to this being the first i've heard Amy, tries too hard with the cracked vocal thing, hate the drums and acoustic mix, not for me i'm afraid.

Girl said no... Treading a well worn path tread so much better by so many gone before, I seem to remember a band called Slipstream, before your time though.

Badge... Super band slightly let down by vocal, this lot manage to sound dated and fresh all at the same time, get a singer, shit hot.

Red man walking... Hate this song with all my being, horrible vocal melody and nasty timing issues, mix is mud and there is no space to breath, yuck.

X-certs... Love this band, not their best song and it sounds a bit familiar (Liber Wish) but fantastic performance.

Hot Mangu... Something for everyone in this gem, love it.

Karloff... Great band sadly let down by BLOODY AWFUL recording, but they are a live experience.

Double Jack... Until hearing this I wouldn't have believed that one band could be influenced by every rock and metal band since 1970, and I can hear every one of those influences in this track. I think that might just be the point though.

Radio Lucifer... Shit! Shit! Shit! I like it..........dont tell anyone.

Weapon... Backed by my favourite drummer in the whole world and enough enthusiasm and ambition for a whole truck load of bands they cant go wrong, love it.

Blessed... Nae my thing, worst kick drum sound I have ever heard, please god let it finish.

Black Atom... Sorry guys, you know I love you but as long as you sound like Maiden i'll never like the music, nicely made track though.

Captain Face... Smiled when the track started but lost interest after about a minute.

Funktree... Nothing new but nice enough, cool Hammond.

Five Fifteen... seem to be influenced by 90's bands I hate.

Floored... no I wasn't, bad song poorly played.

Q... May think he's Bowie, he's not, nice production.

Red Dawg... A bit cabaret for me, pleasant enough.

G...

Guest Bob Double Jack
Double Jack... Until hearing this I wouldn't have believed that one band could be influenced by every rock and metal band since 1970' date=' and I can hear every one of those influences in this track. I think that might just be the point though.

[/quote']

hmmm, don't know if this is a good or a bad thing! Please list every influence you can hear to back up this statement!! :D

Also, do you actually like it!!

do you actually like it!!

Fair question, its difficult to answer without offence. You are obviously a very able and well rehearsed band, the track is nicely recorded but not to my personal taste, it leans too far to the metal side of rock for me.

So no I dont really like it, can you ever forgive me?

G...

Guest Bob Double Jack
Fair question' date=' its difficult to answer without offence. You are obviously a very able and well rehearsed band, the track is nicely recorded but not to my personal taste, it leans too far to the metal side of rock for me.

So no I dont really like it, can you ever forgive me?

G...[/quote']

i'm sure i can - constructive criticism is always better than some of the tripe posted on these boards at times :up: