aberdeen-music

Mickel Mass/Fluffy & the Rainbow Bunnies/Kitchen Cynics

What a fun night - all four bands were excellent, and all for 2 !

Mike and Sam: excellent guitar playing and an entertaining rap/rant. And we need to know: was Sam successful in his quest for a girlfriend ?

Rainbow and the Fluffy Bunnies: wonderful musicianship, great entertainment and humour. Shades of all sorts of stuff including early Mothers. If that was their "worst gig ever", then the others must have been stupendous.

Alan Davidson is a gem. Beautiful (and educational !) songs played with feeling. Aberdeen council should name a street - nay, a whole Kitchen Cynic estate - after him !

Mickel Mass - what can I say? Probably the most fun you can have with knobs and loops and windup toys.

Thanks to everyone involved for the most entertaining Sunday night I've had for a while.

What a fun night - all four bands were excellent' date=' and all for 2 !

Mike and Sam: excellent guitar playing and an entertaining rap/rant. And we need to know: was Sam successful in his quest for a girlfriend ?

Rainbow and the Fluffy Bunnies: wonderful musicianship, great entertainment and humour. Shades of all sorts of stuff including early Mothers. If that was their "worst gig ever", then the others must have been stupendous.

Alan Davidson is a gem. Beautiful (and educational !) songs played with feeling. Aberdeen council should name a street - nay, a whole Kitchen Cynic estate - after him !

Mickel Mass - what can I say? Probably the most fun you can have with knobs and loops and windup toys.

Thanks to everyone involved for the most entertaining Sunday night I've had for a while.[/quote']

Damn I knew I'd regret not going. But I did have a sleep deficit and a little hangover from Noxagt et al the previous night...

Dave

sam and mike were great, had some great songs and the one in tribute to tenacious d was excellent

alan was splendid making nice use of his mickel mass effects and the song "near death" i think its called was treat for the ears

fluffy and the rainbow bunnys couldve practiced

mickel mass were very interesting and at times rather bizzare

all in all i had a great time

I enjoyed the night a lot....Sam & Mike were good fun, with fine, varied songs and seemed more confident onstage than I ever am. Fluffy & The Rainbow Bunnies really got everybody going, with tons of humour and bags of punch. Any lack of practice just added to the charm, for me.

I made a few mistakes, as ever, and still haven't cracked my looping pedal (so I can hear what I'm playing along with!), but the Mickel Mass set was better than I expected, given that all 4 of us were knackered from recording since noon. I played better 'cos I wearing a 'jazz hat' (borrowed from Balvack).

It was an interesting audience too, with lots of very young folk (unusual for Kitchen Cynics/Mickel Mass), and lots of older folk, but not a lot of 'middle-ground', which I enjoyed. :cheers:

it was a really good evening.

Mike and Sam - were really great, i love their new stuff. good laugh as well with the merry dance.

fluffy - were good chuckle, i got a bit of a thrash to bob hoskins which was fine. mario was funny.

alan cynic - i really enjoyed hs set, his lyrics were very clever and humourous. i especially liked the quiffs bit and the ginger.

sadly i missed mike mass. :-(

good night

In short...yes!!! He requested we go somewhere a bit quieter and more 'down-market', so I took him along to the karaoke at the Market Arms :cheers:

ps..thanks again for the album, CDs and tapes...great listening for this afternoon!

pps..Graeme had to point out to me that the Kitchen cynics are on the same compilation album as Noxagt (shows how 'on the ball' I'm not!!)