aberdeen-music

the land of the dead

Ollie

Guest Page 99

It is possible for a film to be crap, regardless of the director. Just becuase he has made classics in the past does not nessicarly mean he will do so again. This seems to be the case with this film, haven't seen it yet so I won't be too critical, but from everything I've heard it's not even the kind of bad film which you can enjoy, it's just... bad.

To be fair, in the second film the zombies went to the shopping centre because it was familiar to them and in the third film they started learning to do other things too... I still think they were shit compared to the zombies a la 28 days later.

I didn't really rate this film but it was well worth going if only for a few ULTRA-MINGING bits.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I've yet to hear a good report about this film. I'll have to see it on principle, purely because it's a zombie film but I'll stick with Lucio Fulci. His zombie films piss on Romero's.

Guest scott cs.
I've yet to hear a good report about this film. I'll have to see it on principle' date=' purely because it's a zombie film but I'll stick with Lucio Fulci. His zombie films piss on Romero's.[/quote']

you speak the truth. i got zombie flesh eaters on dvd for my birthday.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
you speak the truth. i got zombie flesh eaters on dvd for my birthday.

Fulci also did "The Beyond", "City of the Living Dead" and "The House By the Cemetery". I thoroughly recommend them all. Only 5.99 each.

deary me' date=' i shouldve known better than to see this . Yet another Zombie movie but wait! this one had a twist, the zombies could learn! pah, if u havent seen this you arent missing much. cheers.[/quote']

what did you expect ?

"oh, land of the dead, part 32 in Dod romero's zombie vision, I wonder if it will be different to the other zombie films he's made..."

Doh!

zombie flesh eaters is shit. only noteworthy for the shark vs zombie scene but the rest of it is utter drivel.

romero's films kick the shit out of it easily. i've heard a few good reports about land of the dead so far but will reserve judgement till i've seen it.

also 28 days later had people who were infected with a virus not strictly zombies.

land of the dead was alright. though' date=' i prefer my zombies to stay in a zombie-like state and not learn, run or anything rubbish like that.[/quote']

in real life if i was confronted by zombies then i'd certainly prefer them to stay dumb as hell. but there's a million zombie films in the world so there's nothing wrong witha bit of variety in the zombies.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Zombie film etiquette:

1. They can only be killed by a shot through the head.

2. There must be at least one scene of utterly gratuitous nudity.

3. The only way to become a zombie is to be bitten by one, not simply killed by it.

I'm sure there's more.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
zombie flesh eaters is shit. only noteworthy for the shark vs zombie scene but the rest of it is utter drivel.

romero's films kick the shit out of it easily.

Have you checked out Fulci's other zombie films? I think they'd be right up your street.

Zombie film etiquette:

1. They can only be killed by a shot through the head.

2. There must be at least one scene of utterly gratuitous nudity.

3. The only way to become a zombie is to be bitten by one' date=' not simply killed by it.

I'm sure there's more.[/quote']

4. obligatory "guts being ripped out" of human victim

5. Zombie interacting with everyday object (phone, hairbrush, etc) and trying to eat it

Guest Jake Wifebeater
4. obligatory "guts being ripped out" of human victim

5. Zombie interacting with everyday object (phone' date=' hairbrush, etc) and trying to eat it[/quote']

Number 4's a good one, but I don't know about number 5. Only remember that from Bub in "Day of the Dead".

*scours the vaults*

I went to see land of the dead today, and It is a bit dissapointing, not nearly enough inventive deaths...a tribute to Peter Jacksons "priest" in Brain Dead, that was good, but on the whole, rather dull for a zombie film...

who;d a thunk that zombies would have been warm, all that steam coming off them...hmmm....