aberdeen-music

What if Iraq won?

Mouse

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned
Go listen to Knight Of Swords' date=' he hit the nail on the head. The only thing I need to learn is to post in the title "stay away if easily offended", for the sake of the people like you who have sleepless nights over this type of thing it seems. Or just don't reply if you don't like it, simple.[/quote']

Or perhaps 'Stay away if you don't find borderline racist digs at non-Western cultures to be as hilarious as Mouse and his mates' would be more appropriate?

or you could read what people have been trying to put across instead of acting all defensive. no one has made this personal or attacked you they merely questioned the reasoning and point behind posting these pictures which are fairly offensive on a number of levels and show a total lack of understanding regarding iraq' date=' the war and any of the issues surrounding it.[/quote']

I'm just standing up for myself. See the post below and you'll know what I mean.

There's a big difference between someone coming on and saying "don't you think that's a bit racist?" to some of the stuff that's been written - personal attacks calling Mouse ignorant' date=' likening him to Nick Griffin etc. Is this a good way to get someone to see your point of view?[/quote']

Guest tv tanned
Yes of course' date=' YOU must be right just because YOU didn't find it funny. And I must be racist too.[/quote']

so you don't find any of the material you just posted to be racist, even remotely?

so you don't find any of the material you just posted to be racist' date=' even remotely?[/quote']

I now understand that some of it may be remotely offensive, but as I said before I just cut and paste it from another forum. It offended no one on that thread so I thought I'd share it with people here. So my mistake was just posting it too quickly. The mistake of others was to make it personal and make it out that I intended to offend people, which was far from the case

Mouse' date=' stop it[/quote']

I'll stop when everyone else stops

I now understand that some of it may be remotely offensive' date=' but as I said before I just cut and paste it from another forum. It offended no one on that thread so I thought I'd share it with people here. So my mistake was just posting it too quickly. The mistake of others was to make it personal and make it out that I intended to offend people, which was far from the case

I'll stop when everyone else stops[/quote']

think for your fucking self!! don't blame it on the fact no one was offended on another forum. think about why those pictures are offensive, just fucking think! this isn't a playground, we are brighter and better than all of this shit.

yes you had a right to post those images which let's face it aren't the most offensive images ever but they are still stupid, slightly racist and not even funny. people have a right to challenge you for posting them, to debate the issues surrounding the images and to try and encourage people to think a bit more and maybe, just maybe, we'll emerge on the other side all a little bit better as human beings. or we can just go through another 4 pages of "he started it" shit.

The pictures are satire....nothing more, nothing less and for people to suggest this makes Mouse a screaming BNP-esque racist/fascist are bang out of order, and frankly more offensive than the pictures these people seek to condemn. If you dont find them funny, then fine....but we've all seen worse than this on prime time weekend TV (eg. Have I Got News For You), and you all know it.

think for your fucking self!! don't blame it on the fact no one was offended on another forum. think about why those pictures are offensive' date=' just fucking think! this isn't a playground, we are brighter and better than all of this shit.

yes you had a right to post those images which let's face it aren't the most offensive images ever but they are still stupid, slightly racist and not even funny. people have a right to challenge you for posting them, to debate the issues surrounding the images and to try and encourage people to think a bit more and maybe, just maybe, we'll emerge on the other side all a little bit better as human beings. or we can just go through another 4 pages of "he started it" shit.[/quote']

*sighs*

I aren't blaming it on that. I said that is a reason why I posted it and why I didn't think it would offend anyone.

face it mouse' date=' you got totaly owned. give it up.[/quote']

No. The people turning it around on me did just now...

The pictures are satire....nothing more' date=' nothing less and for people to suggest this makes Mouse a screaming BNP-esque racist/fascist are bang out of order, and frankly more offensive than the pictures these people seek to condemn. If you dont find them funny, then fine....but we've all seen worse than this on prime time weekend TV (eg. Have I Got News For You), and you all know it.[/quote']

pretty shoddy satire if you can call them that. i'm not calling mouse a racist or a fascist and i don't think anyone is seriously doing that. hugh jazz's post is just as guilty of exaggerating some of the contributers posts in this thread as they did with mouse. prime time tv has fuck all do with it either, write in to points of view if that bothers you.

Guest MerryChristmas

FACT: The original post was not intended to be racist - its not really, just because mouse posted it does not make him a racist, anyone who found it funny is not automatically a racist