aberdeen-music

things that piss me off at gigs

pete_inthehills

things i hate at gigs:

1. short people. im always falling over them as i try to squeeze through a croud to get "that" spot which will stop as many people as possible from viewing the gig(this is done on purpose of course);

2. people who dance. how terrible it is to see people enjoying themselves at gigs. how it must grate on the band to see a crowd jumping up and down and having some fun....

3. people who drink at gigs. HOW DARE THEY. when i come to a gig and stand somewhere around the bar it pisses me off to see people actually BUYING booze and soft drinks and the like. i mean, how inconsiderate......

4. volume levels. oh how i hate not being able to hear the conversation going on just behind me cause the volume of said live show is too high :(

the list is endless but i think i should stop.......

things i love about playing gigs in aberdeen:

1. the crowd. its so great to play in aberdeen because every1 just stands around with arms folded, pints in hand, talking to mates, whatever, and then when you finish the song/set, its nice to know that some1 actually enjoyed the gig because of the 2 sets of hands clapping. (seen some excellent bands in aberdeen which have seen said level of appreciation).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pop-notmyface
I started wearing earplugs to gigs after Mogwai destroyed my hearing in 1997. It's better than having quiet gigs because the background noise gets drowned out and you can still feel the volume in your body.

My all time gig hates are: people

isn't that what makes a gig feel like a gig, that fact there are other people there too rather than you listening by yourself in your bedroom?

maybe there should be a system to organise the audience in order of size, not back to front but from side to side. That way there would be no distance discrimination with height.

...People who go to gigs and spend their whole night pissing and moaning about what other people are doing and nit picking instead of concentrating on enjoying themselves, only to spoil theirs and everyone elses fun.

Get a fucking life.

things i hate at gigs:

1. short people. im always falling over them as i try to squeeze through a croud to get "that" spot which will stop as many people as possible from viewing the gig(this is done on purpose of course);

2. people who dance. how terrible it is to see people enjoying themselves at gigs. how it must grate on the band to see a crowd jumping up and down and having some fun....

3. people who drink at gigs. HOW DARE THEY. when i come to a gig and stand somewhere around the bar it pisses me off to see people actually BUYING booze and soft drinks and the like. i mean' date=' how inconsiderate......

4. volume levels. oh how i hate not being able to hear the conversation going on just behind me cause the volume of said live show is too high :(

the list is endless but i think i should stop.......

things i love about playing gigs in aberdeen:

1. the crowd. its so great to play in aberdeen because every1 just stands around with arms folded, pints in hand, talking to mates, whatever, and then when you finish the song/set, its nice to know that some1 actually enjoyed the gig because of the 2 sets of hands clapping. (seen some excellent bands in aberdeen which have seen said level of appreciation).[/quote']

hahahahaha awesome

Yeah' date=' its balls. I also hate when people go to gigs and think they HAVE to mosh, asif people will thinl ess of them if they don't mosh.

Example - Reel Big Fish. Loads of people who have no idea how to skank.[/quote']

hell, i am probably one of those people you mention who dont 'know' how to dance properly, but i danced about like a twat all night cause it was bloody good fun...

if you dont want to jump right in, dont, i didnt for most of the gig...

David