aberdeen-music

freshers week, upon reflection

Ollie

Actually the Union has closed down...

F***ing disgrace. The corrupt management of Aberdeen Uni strikes again.

The old Aberdeen Uni union has closed. I believe there's a new one beside Estaminet (where Pivo used to be). And of course there's RGU union on schoolhill.

I missed fresher's week completely, but instead I spent the week getting pissed in Greece so I'm not really bothered.

Saturday-Partied it up at the ministry, nearly did my back in climbing off the platform!

Sunday- Headed into town to "go to the cinema" resulted in 7 hours at the pub! On the way to bus stop get led astray by irish freshers who bought us drinks and asked us where the could get a pet haggis!

Monday- Drank some nasty asti with friends and ended up in Espionage, got a crew together for 500 miles. Discovered a spare bed room at Mealmarket...my 2nd home for the week.

Tuesday-Day of rest and recovery. Had a BBQ in the carpark of my boyfriends flat.

Wednesday- Drinking sesh with uni buds to catch up and then back to Espo for a dance. Spoke to many randoms while lingering around belmont st eating chips.

Thursday-Dying of the cold

Friday- layed off the partying

Saturday-random student party followed by Priory, Liquid and back to some guys flat for iranian food...quite a bizarre experience!

Overall it's been an awesome week, so good to get back into student life after 9-5 all summer!

i didn't really do any fresher-specific things, although i never have done while at uni. went out to moshulu on wed, saw radio lucifer and johnny panic at the tunnels on thursday, went to moorings on friday and air guitar on sat but those kind of things get done most weeks. have overheard some really obnoxious fresher conversations at uni though.

Bloody Freshers Week

This is the first week since 1991 that I have not been working with students in some capacity during Freshers Week and I thought I would escape. Have I buggery. Am getting woken about five times a night with groups of drunken children screeching their way down the road, and, incredibly, by freshers who have just discovered shopping trolleys and think it is really funny to push them down the pavement, back and forth, back and forth at 3am on a Tuesday. Whilst shrieking like demented five year olds, obviously. Other impressions - it took so long to get served in Archies on Sunday that I found it quicker to cross the road and go to the Wig. I had to wait ages for a taxi.

the usual.

And yes, I am fully expecting the 'piss off you miserable old bastard, you were never a student and if you were you weren't a proper one or you'd think it was all hilarious' backlash.

Bah humbug. :swearing: