Doors 8pm

1st on 8.30pm sharp & do not miss

featuring

Thomas Truax (USA)

Gatechien (France)

Le Reno Amps (Scotland)

Elephant Micah (USA)

THOMAS TRUAX

Thomas Truax (pronounced troo-aks) is a New York City based singer/songwriter who performs with mechanical sound sculptures like his Sister Spinster and Cadillac Beatspinner Wheel and instruments which he builds himself out of found objects and spare parts (such as the Hornicator), as well as with more standard gear like the venerable guitar. He is an illegitimate son of Screamin' Jay Hawkins and a mad scientist of experimental music with a history as a stop-motion animator. His carefully crafted songs range from dark, romantic lullabies to lively rock melodrama

www.thomastruax.com

GATECHIEN (bass & drums duo from france)

"Gtechien's music is raw, stark and harshly compelling. Bassist/singer Laurent Paradot torturously carves out leads while spewing agonized grunts, groans and syllables that don't sound like words in any language, or occasionally humming along with his own bass parts. Drummer Florian Belaud's complex beats make up in energy for what they sometimes lack in precision; he and Paradot have enough rapport that a third band member would be unnecessary. The songs are disjointed in structure but flow intriguingly from one dark melody to another. If they were more polished or polite, Gtechien might be just another math-rock band, noteworthy only for their lack of guitar - but the brutal vocal antics alone would keep them from putting anyone to sleep. For an overall impression of Gtechien, a bad translation of one opinion about the duo is quite apt: "This group is likely to put a good slap to you". " Splendidezine (USA)

www.gatechien.tk www.myspace.com/gatechien

LE RENO AMPS

i really dont think scott and al need any introduction by now..!..but in case you're not familiar then go check them and their music out at www.lerenoamps.com .

ELEPHANT MICAH (Blue Sanct)

At certain points on this latest limited edition cd-r, Indiana's Elephant Micah sound a lot like the kind of basement wave psychadelia that made up the bulk of the Boston Twisted Village label throughout the 90s, punk primitive groups like Crystallized Movements, Luxurious Bags and Bongloads of Righteous Boo. At others they sound a little closer to twig pickers like Alasdair Roberts, Gene Clark and Richard Buckner. It's a nice mix and the whole thing is executed with such primitive lan and lack of concern for fidelity that it makes for a real endearing listen. There's some nice fuzz guitar, the kind only a cheap amp and an inappropriate condenser mic can normally fully capture, and vocalist Joe O'Connell sounds like he's been forced to sing quietly with a bucket over his head to avoid waking his parents. "The Environmentalist" is a beautiful slice of narcoleptic folk that captures the lugubrious nothing-to-do feel of late summer days as well as the slow motion dance of dust in a ray of sunlight. It all comes in a nice hand numbered edition with a full colour wraparound card sleeve. David Keenan, The Wire

www.elephantmicah.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i saw elephant micah supporting magnolia electric company in glasgow. if i'm right he was very good' date=' but very quiet and struggled to be heard over the general chatter from the crowd. should be interesting.[/quote']

dave you are correct he did support magnolia electric co on tour in the uk a few months ago

he will actually open the show & anyone who wants to chatter during his set will have

stalag-fuher-chilli to answerr to.......

yeah really looking forward to the gig (well the whole gatechien tour actually)...just the start of the oct/nov madness!!! im really really excited about what we've got coming up in the coming months!! :D

s

yeh Oct/Nov is going to be really busy with aq plethera of great gigs/events

hope you youngsters Arkade are taking your energy pils

:up:

here's some more information about elephant micahm, maybe little known

but would be worthy of headlining in his own right:-

please come early & do not miss

"Also on the bill is Monotreme favourite Elephant Micah (appearing in solo form in

the shape of Joe O'Connell) from Indiana USA, who was last seen on these shores in

June, touring with Magnolia Electric Company and also supporting Jose Gonzalez and

Six Organs of Admittance. An Elephant Micah track will be included on a forthcoming

compilation CD called 'Build Your Own Country' on Loose Records.

Not only does Joe possess superb vocal, songwriting and lyrical talents, he also

creates magical handmade artwork for some of his releases. A rare talent about whom

you will be hearing a lot more in the future, no doubt.

"O'Connell has one of those beautiful voices that commands attention while somehow

remaining soft and effortless, much like the music that accompanies it?"

- Fakejazz

"a beautiful slice of narcoleptic folk that captures the lugubrious nothing-to-do

feel of late summer days as well as the slow motion dance of dust in a ray of

sunlight"

- The Wire

"knocks most so-called alt-country into a 10-gallon hat, and reminds this listener

of individualistic downer country-folk of the sublime Handsome Family."

-Ptolemaic Terrascope

For more information including a full list of UK tour dates go to

http://www.elephantmicah.com

tour report about Gatechien from tour manager shaza

hello! just letting you all know that the 2 Gatechien gigs have been immense so far, london on monday and leeds last night...really blowing everyone away again and getting some interest from all the right people!!

aberdeen will definately be an eclectic one as every other gig has them playing with loud bands...it might be a shock to them!!!

(oh you should all check out VOLT from germany by the way ...my ears are still ringing!)

see you sunday!

Potentially' date=' if someone finished work around say 11:10 would he still get to see bands?[/quote']

i would say u would miss the EM & LRA anyway, but we could probably let you in

@ a discount against what's still to come........., I would try to get off early if u can

this is a very fine 4artist line - up & everyone should have the opportunity to see

Thomas Truax once in their life.

Repeat The Kitchen Cynics, is seeing Thomas in Edinburgh on Saturday & Aberdeen on Sunday.

I need no further qualification, than that fact!!!

Guest Donald

Would get off early if I could but I've already taken Saturday night off to see Noma in The Moorings (if you like drones......)

I'll just have to see what's on once I finish.