Totally Unique Event Upstairs in the Lemon Tree

chilli

Interesting Music Promotions present: Homespun

Saturday 17 September 2005

Lemon Tree - Studio

Tickets 3

Doors Open: 8.30pm

Show Starts: 9pm

Since the beginning of 2005, an ensemble of southern dwelling musicians and artists, calling themselves FOUND, have been grooving heads left, right and centre with their unique blend of visual art and music. In fact, they've already made such an impact that the PRS Foundation have decided to award FOUND the prestigious 'Live Connections Award' to stage this one off multi-media event. For this specially commissioned performance FOUND will set about hand crafting 200 CD covers using sewing machines, staplers, guillotines, stencils . . . they will sample and loop the sounds made by these devices to form a live

musical composition into which they will incorporate their own songs. Once finished they will burn 200 CD-R's of the performance, slot them neatly into the handmade sleeves and distribute them for free to everyone who attends. Or at least, that's the plan! While FOUND are bustin' their onions duplicating 200 CDs, Glasgow's finest, the Radio Magnetic Sound System will entertain the crowd with a specially prepared interactive DJ set. And all of this

for only 3!!!

"an audaciously playful melane of sound and vision" The List

"FOUND sound like charge around like bulls in a theory shop"

The Sunday Herald

http://www.lemontree.org/Music/event.cfm?eventid=2584&tempmonth=9

www.surfacepressure.co.uk/foudn

www.prsfoundation.co.uk

www.radiomagnetic.com

buy tickets online

excellent' date=' i think i'll pop along to see how this all works out, nice too see people taking

chances with something different & a free cd at the end of it.

Never been to an event upstairs in the lemon tree, what like is the space & is it big, small, seated???[/quote']

It's a theatre and actually rather pleasant, big high cieling and large drapes...

excellent' date=' i think i'll pop along to see how this all works out, nice too see people taking chances with something different & a free cd at the end of it.

Never been to an event upstairs in the lemon tree, what like is the space & is it big, small, seated???[/quote']

its a great space, in my opinion much better than downstairs, sad there isn't more music related events held upstairs. the seats can be in or out.

On saturday night the seats will be..............

u will have to wait as this is part of the few surprises in store!!!!!!!!!!

its a great space' date=' in my opinion much better than downstairs, sad there isn't more music related events held upstairs. the seats can be in or out.

On saturday night the seats will be..............

u will have to wait as this is part of the few surprises in store!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

He doesn't know... Either that or the band will be suspended from the ceiling over the seats with hot wax drippng from thier shoes which then gets caught on a turntable and made into a vinyl recording of the night, all this whilst pixies dance and covort on the fluffy clouds that have been installed by God for the night! Friends in high places makes all the difference you know...

:D

He doesn't know... Either that or the band will be suspended from the ceiling over the seats with hot wax drippng from thier shoes which then gets caught on a turntable and made into a vinyl recording of the night' date=' all this whilst pixies dance and covort on the fluffy clouds that have been installed by God for the night! Friends in high places makes all the difference you know...

:D[/quote']

u are wrong i do know, this promotor is on the ball, bvut he ain't telling as its all part of the surprise for the audience tomorrow. all i can say u havn't seen The Studio upstairs at the LT like it will be tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u are wrong i do know' date=' this promotor is on the ball, bvut he ain't telling as its all part of the surprise for the audience tomorrow. all i can say u havn't seen The Studio upstairs at the LT like it will be tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Your a bigger tease than little Melissa from second year at School. She was a right little minx but nothing on you! Andy and me will be along suitably pissed and ready for some big gasps!

XXXXXXX

:D