aberdeen-music

Save my MP3 player!

Metarie

I got a Creative Zen MP3 player about 6 months ago and the connection to the headphones has got a bit dodgy, it's very crackly and stuff. I thought it was the actual headphones but replaced them and it's still happening.

Anyone else had the same thing? What can I do apart from send it back to the place i bought it?

if its only 6 months old, check the warranty and see if you can get it sent off for repair

it might be an idea to try cleaning the jack with some contact cleaner - if there is dirt in it it will crackle when the headphones are moved about

i would have thought it was the headphones though, as i have had numerous pairs go south via that way (eventually cutting out in one ear and then getting replaced)

David

i would have thought it was the headphones though' date=' as i have had numerous pairs go south via that way (eventually cutting out in one ear and then getting replaced)

David[/quote']

I hate it when that happens! especially when you shell out 15 and they break after a month, taking care of them the best you can :down:

Guest MarkJDelaney

It's a very similar problem I've had with two Sony MP3 players I've owned.

What happens is the connection inside the unit for the headphones input becomes loose and/or dirty and then gives you the problems you mentioned. Seems to be a trait of putting headphones in and out or rough pulling side to side or pushing in-advertantly.

If it's under warranty I'd send it back to be repaired!