aberdeen-music

New Venue Opening Start Oct...

Wax

A new venue is opening on Carnegie's Brae (opposite The Tunnels) for the start of October. The club capacity will be 600 although we have the option of closing down the second arch and reducing this to around 250-300.

Looking for ideas from DJ's, promoters and anyone else.

The space is ideal for everything from live music and DJ's to art exhibitions and fashion shows, etc.

In-house we have a portable stage, full top-of-the-range DJ set-up and plan to have a varied drink selection (not too pricey either).

The plan is to open the venue to outside promoters as well as our own in-house promotions.

We're negotiable on all aspects including hire and security (just don't ask for a percentage of the bar take).

To dispel any potential rumours, this venue is under completely new ownership and management.

Interested parties can either add their comments here or PM me.

If it weren't for the Tunnels, this venture would be riskier than it already is! We don't plan to compete with the Tunnels, and would like people to feel safe in the Carnegie Brae area with two sets of doormen and additional numbers walking about.

Saturation? Perhaps, but there is more of a market in Aberdeen for open-minded venues than niche clubs. That's a mistake we don't plan to make (not that we have any planned mistakes).

Good luck to this venture. I wonder if' date=' along with The Tunnels, and Aberdeen City Council/Others(?) something more could be done to make the approaches from both ends more presentable. Even keeping them clean and tidy would be a start. But I'm sure a lot could be done to make in inviting.[/quote']

For once I agree with Graeme...

Some of the lighting is currently out of order, and even when it is in perfect order its still a little dark. There are still a few too many nooks and crannies around as well. The approach from the Green needs some thought as it currently has a Victorian feel about it. The walk from the Green to the Tunnels at night is a little spooky for most though.

But saying that I've never had any hassle down there although I did spook a couple of teenage lesbian snoggers when I left the Tunnels one night who were behind a cranny.

Dave