aberdeen-music

Radio 2 in Aberdeen - FREE EVENTS

Ross

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also thought tickets were available on the 9th' date=' so spent break in a fucking telephone booth trying to catch some last minutes. Lost a quid in the bastard.

I'm keeping my eyes on for ebay, because someone will be selling some. Probably for 50 squid and above.[/quote']

nobody is actually been guaranteed tickets so buying on ebay would be a gamble

nobody is actually been guaranteed tickets so buying on ebay would be a gamble

I think if you got on the day you'll pretty much be guaranteed thosed tickets unless the whole gig falls through. Otherwise, why would they say the event is 'sold out'? If they were intent on doing some sort of lottery they would have kept the phone availability on for a lot longer than they did, and bank a few bucks in the process.

It's a pity the phone lines were such a shambles. My girlfriend spent from 9.00am in the morning trying to get through only to recieve the message to phone back later. When she finally got through at the back of 2.00pm all that was left was Tony Christie tickets. They should have had induvidual numbers for the gigs, as it was just the generic radio 2 number that was being used, and as well as the aberdeen tickets, people were also phoning for a seperate event in England, as well as the general phone calls for the various D.J.'s who work on radio 2.

Overall a great idea ruined by a shambolic ticket system.

• 3 weeks later...
Tears tickets arrived today.

Anyone else read on the back that the tickets do not actually guarantee admission' date=' as they allocate more than capacity in order to get a full house when folk don't turn up.

Looks like its best to arrive early.[/quote']

No sign of my tears tickets to either of the addresses I used - bit pissed off whith this as this is the gig I most wanted to go to.