aberdeen-music

aberdeen = rich

get lost

AB15 is nice' date=' my parents had a looky at houses there when we were going to move. Sir Ian Wood lives in Rubislaw Den.

To be honest you don't get a mansion up there for 300k, you get like a normal sized house for that.... you're looking at 500k for the really good ones. There can't be more than a handful valued above that just due to house prices in aberdeen not really getting much higher than that.

Not meaning to sound snobby but on the occasions I've visited Bieldside I've always expected more... there are some nice biggish houses but it's not exactly Notting Hill is it? Just your typical 3-4 bedroom but with a stupidly big living room and a slightly spacious Kitchen, like Cults there are a few cracking houses... but then again you can buy a house in Cults for 100k.[/quote']

dunno when you last looked at the property market but the houses up that way are in the top hundreds of thousands in terms of valuation. jesus, some of the new stuart milne flats where kepplestone was are going for 290k.

Guest tv tanned
yes... I think I wrote attack twice actually... maybe the fact im at work is giving me negative sub-thoughts.

I'd fucking love an attack floor... imagine that!

if you build it, they will come...

Feck' date=' I'm basing my posts on about 2-3 years ago.

I'm more out the loop than I thought.[/quote']

Prices have gone a little insane in that time.

1 bedroom flats in areas like Rosemount are going for well over 60k and you're lucky to get change from 90k for a 2 bedroom these days. So god knows what silliness has happened to the prices in posh parts of town.

Those new stewart milne places that are being built where the college was (i think it was some college anyway) are apparently 800,000 quid. For an average semi detatched affair. Its ridiculous

Incidentally, I live in an AB15 postcode in cults. Yet I still cant afford to fix my amp. So... psh. We arnt all bazillionaires

You can get some good deals if your willing to move a bit further from the centre of town.

I got a nice 2 bedroom flat on GNR at top of st machar drive for 30k a few years ago. Close to aberdeen uni and 25 min walk to town (or bus every 10 mins if your a lazy bastard). Value probably hasn't increased much, but mortgage is cheaper than renting.

yey

AB15 for life! however it was just AB1 back in the day

i'm now AB24... doh

used to live next to stewert milnes house... he put on a mighty fireworks display every year

although we mostly got in trouble for trespassing on his land.. 'get off my land' and all that

i thought AB15 was only the 13th richest postcode (equal with kensington or something)

must be doing better now

:rockon:

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1843892005

i'm glad i bought my place 2 years ago. even then it was seeming really silly. i know a few people who are struggling to buy flats now' date=' since the competition seem to be sticking an extra 20k on top of the valuation.[/quote']

yeah I just bought a flat a couple of months ago thanks to a lucky break (the crazy woman who owned it accepted the very first offer put to her). If that hadn't happened I think I'd still be looking now.

Some of the Houses on Rubislaw Den South are just crazy, total amount of land some of them plus their gardens etc take up is huge. A couple of people i used to wokr wiht lived there and I've been one of the smaller housed there and a flat and they are really nice. Suprised Aberdeen came wuite so high up though.