aberdeen-music

we shall be blessed - demo

Teabags

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest pop-notmyface

actually, i was pointing at the fact that there might as well be no lyrics for WSBB.

its sounds all "RRRAAAARRRR BBBAAAAAAHHHHHH URRRRRRGGGGHHHH WOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA RRRRRRRRRRRRAR AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR RAR" to me.

Guest pop-notmyface
I think the band has more of a technical purpose.

Like some have said' date=' it isn't my thing but I can really appreciate some parts.[/quote']

are you saying that they might as well be instrumental?

3:40 into "As Beautiful...". That riff is so fucking rock n roll it makes me hard.

i've had the track playing while i make cheese and toast on my shitty laptop speakers and when i read that quote i was like 'what the fuck is he on about' and then i skipped back through it to that point and i was like 'naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!'

that's a demon riff!!

in general, to say that it's not my kind of music isn't really fair because i don't like to restrict myself musically like that, but i'd say that i couldn't listen to a whole album of that kind of music non-stop. the same could be said for some of the wacky jazz stuff i own, or even killswitch engage (who i love) among other things, but i'd definately make the effort to check them out live because the music contains a lot of intensity.

sounds fucking well recorded too

/x

Guest Page 99
I think the band has more of a technical purpose.

Regardless of the technical purpose of a band, the vocals and lyrics should still comunicate somthing.

This may sound pretty stupid as most the bands I listen to totaly destroy the words they are belting out, upon first few listens mind you. There is still a great deal of feeling feeling there, and it's not exactly hard to pick up a lyric sheet while listening to the music and learn the words printed to understand what the person is bawling about.

Onto the thread topic. I've got an unmastered version of this cd at home and have given it a few listens. I think it's mightly impressive for a young local band to sound as strong as this, and all power to them for it. But despite my initial impressions there is a lot of bands in scotland and around the world who are doing this style far better, a few too many cliches in there just now.

I say give 'em a year or two to find their feet and if all goes well this will be one brutal little fucker of a band.

Onto the thread topic. I've got an unmastered version of this cd at home and have given it a few listens. I think it's mightly impressive for a young local band to sound as strong as this' date=' and all power to them for it. But despite my initial impressions there is a lot of bands in scotland and around the world who are doing this style far better, a few too many cliches in there just now.

I say give 'em a year or two to find their feet and if all goes well this will be one brutal little fucker of a band.[/quote']this is true. but regardless of clichs, its still their own songs, not done by anybody else. so as long as songs are original, I dont really mind. and that said.......they're affy good.