aberdeen-music

How come the bassment have stopped heebgbees?

framheim

i heard that it was to put something more mainstream on, which i guess is fair enough if you really think you can pull in more punters on a thursday with another rock night but was it not nice having something geniunely different on with some great songs? and surely 2 hours notice is far from ideal and perhaps a little unfair for a night that's been running for 2 years(i think, might be a little less can't remember when it started). if any of this is wrong please accept my apologies as i'm just going on what i've been told and it wasn't told to me in a bitter "Those heartless bastards!" kinda way or anything. i'm not trying to start a war of words or anything, just it was the one night i really enjoyed going to and i know a lot of people liked it as well and i think it's a shame if it's just going to be the same as fridays and saturdays now.

where else would you get joy division AND funkadelic AND les savy fav?

Well the way i understand it, and this is completely off the record, not as a bassment employee atall (before Rob bollocks me for saying the wrong thing in a drunken stupour).

The way it was before was Paddy from behind the bar was the DJ on monday and his angle was easy listening, but that clashed with Mud obviously being a rock/indie night. The only other non club night that was DJ'ed was Thursdays and they were pretty quiet customer-wise. Theres been a big shake up since as Mud has been pulled until the students come back, so Adam is doing mondays and Paddy, Thurdays. Which works a bit better as the chilled out grooves of paddy isnt interfereing with the Indie/Rock angle of Mud.

Im not going to get involved as to why the One-up night was pulled tho, that's really not up to me you'll understand.

Incidentally, i always thought Heebegbes was a referance to CBGB's in NY, and obviously HJB's.

Wahhhhh.

I was at a wedding last week which is why I wasn't around to explain. Summer with it's nice weather and lack of students is the quietest time for us.

Plan was (Like with MUD) to stop HBGB's for 6 weeks, save a little cash by having Paddy play inoffensive background stuff to people who walk in off the street, and then Relaunch HBGB's in September.

A break and a relaunch also can help to galvanise people into action rather than sitting on our hands come september.

If that wasn't explained properly (which it clearly wasn't) then it's my fault and I apologise.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
If the said DJs go back' date=' I'll be hugely surprised.

Though they may be inclined if they receive a verbal apology.

For all I know.[/quote']

personally I'd save second guessing what may or may not happen and wait and see what actually does happen.