aberdeen-music

Movies...

Jeid

no taking lives?

I hate you for making me watch even a small part of that.

Colours are calling you.

Deathstalker

Deathsport

Deathstalker III (and the warriors from hell)

The Arena

The exterminator

Hawk the Slayer

Krull

Willow

Xanadu

Johny Mnemonic

Point Break

cry baby
Can you even get that in this country - to work on our dvd players? My mate has been hunting for it in a fierce fashion.

Cry baby is only available region 1 at the moment. Fear and loathing in Las Vegas (more depp) was mentioned earlier too' date=' It hasn't had a UK release but has been available as a Dutch region 2 release. Tesco seem to have a release date of 5 september, but I'm not sure if this is an official UK release (I haven't heard about it anywhere else).

Top Gun is the only film you really need to own though.

Robot Chicken

chris introduced me to robot chicken the other day. it's the funniest thing ever!! last night we watched the last 4 episodes and i was actually crying with laughter. that hasn't happened for ages.

"i'm michael flattley, lord of the dance..."

i am currently downloading the entire series in one go. it's gonna be worth the 10 hour wait.

edit: big up to big trouble in little china as well, great film.

Glengarry Glen Ross, The Shawshank Redemption, Traffic, Falling Down, They Live, The Road to Perdition, Instrument....and load of other ones recommended above.

Glengarry Glen Ross is one of my fave films ever, such a cast...the acting is so raw, natural and stripped down, you can feel the tension in this one as if you're there...this was originally a play, and to keep that sort of intensity, the film only has about 3 scenes..

Everyone should know about Shawshank...

Traffic is a bit of a funny one, took me a while to work out what was going on, contrasting camera work is beautiful, as is the girl :) Nice ending, the last words Michael Douglas says, as simple as they are, are just said so emotional...

Falling Down is just a fucking great film which looks too much like a glimpse into my own future..

They Live has Rowdy Roddy Piper..enough said!! Fucking fantastic film with a great theory....

Road to Perdition was a comic which has been turned into a film, but its a simple sorta gangster story, very touching...especially when Tom Hanks has to bust some lead into someone very close to him...the acceptance in the persons eye is very touching....it fucks me up!

Instrument isn't really a film as much as a documentary of Fugazi, a lot of it is artfully shot in 8mm and it really is just a great look into a band that do things their way...this isn't a glamerous biography from a tour bus...theres something I can't describe about the video of them playing in a correctional institute....it reminds me of a bit in Shawshank...see if you can work it out...