aberdeen-music

Tape/CD swap club.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman

Today is not the day. PM's are a grim way to have to do this. I'm awaiting confirmation that I can pick a CD up after work and another to mail me the address to send my CD to. So christ knows when these events will take place. Unless you happen to know loads of folk/and/or stay in Aberdeen this ain't gonna work easily. So maybe better make it for all the people who know each other.

Ollie you silly bandano.

Just make a few copies of your CD and you'll be all good.

I'm giving it (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha) to Malc later on so i'm expecting an insult about it in Exodus later tonight.

Not only an insult but a knee in the balls for voiding the one track per artist rule. But not tonight. So your bawbag is safe for a week...

;)

Today is not the day. PM's are a grim way to have to do this. I'm awaiting confirmation that I can pick a CD up after work and another to mail me the address to send my CD to. So christ knows when these events will take place. Unless you happen to know loads of folk/and/or stay in Aberdeen this ain't gonna work easily. So maybe better make it for all the people who know each other.

I'm sorry it's not working out for you so far. To be honest, anyone who wasn't gonna be totally interested in making this work, shouldn't have bothered to get involved in the first place.

Why not try pm-ing the next person along and seeing if they've had contact from the people who you're awaiting responses from.

Good luck!

Guest bluesxman
I'm sorry it's not working out for you so far. To be honest' date=' anyone who wasn't gonna be totally interested in making this work, shouldn't have bothered to get involved in the first place.

Why not try pm-ing the next person along and seeing if they've had contact from the people who you're awaiting responses from.

Good luck![/quote']

I was very interested in principle but the actual swap has been organised to suit those who know other people and live in Aberdeen.

Should have been a list compiled as replies were received as originally happpened and then the final list as compiled published. Person below PM's their address to person above, all post. Unless they happen to know each other. Post of a CD is less than a quid.

I was very interested in principle but the actual swap has been organised to suit those who know other people and live in Aberdeen.

Everyone else on the list knows at least two people who are also on the list. It seems you're the only one who doesn't, so obviously it was organised to suit the majority. It would have been unnecessary and a waste of money to post the CDs instead of swapping in person.

Plus, I live further out of Aberdeen than Stonehaven, and I'm managing to swap fine.

Guest bluesxman
Everyone else on the list knows at least two people who are also on the list. It seems you're the only one who doesn't' date=' so obviously it was organised to suit the majority. It would have been unnecessary and a waste of money to post the CDs instead of swapping in person.

Plus, I live further out of Aberdeen than Stonehaven, and I'm managing to swap fine.[/quote']

Everyone? You sure? Pardon me then.

The reason the swap club didn't work last time is because the list was complied in order of replies, as you suggest. Because few people knew the person they were passing on to, nobody wanted to meet up and swap, or fork out for postage. I know it's not much for postage, but times that by 33 and it's a bit crap considering it's usually less effort to meet up with someone than it is to go to the post office.

passing CD to Skittles went well...nastylittlemidget didn't show up...or did and i didn't recognise her :( hopefully catch her tomorrow though!

she did actually, she gave her cd to a guy called scott who knew (one of my mates) and joined us in our unhly table on liquer. His username is AprilEthereal. Hope that helps. Shall listen to your cd as i finish this post. :cheers:

Guest bluesxman
The reason the swap club didn't work last time is because the list was complied in order of replies' date=' as you suggest. Because few people knew the person they were passing on to, nobody wanted to meet up and swap, or fork out for postage. I know it's not much for postage, but times that by 33 and it's a bit crap considering it's usually less effort to meet up with someone than it is to go to the post office.[/quote']

OK i've already been put in my place by Connie, I will persevere with the PM tennis.