aberdeen-music

One down...

Guest tv tanned

right' date=' but he didn't hate people for the views they espoused, he hated them simply based on the colour of their skin.[/quote']

Ever wonder what his motives were for that? I don't feel that i myself am entitled to judge whether someones reasons for hating something are right or not.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned
Ever wonder what his motives were for that? I don't feel that i myself am entitled to judge whether someones reasons for hating something are right or not.

Ever heard the phrase 'there ain't no black in the Union Jack'? That was Tyndall.

His motives were that he was a white supremacist who believed that those of a different skin colour were inferior beings, and that they should not be allowed to share the same land as the whites.

You really are just talking rubbish here. There are very clear distinctions of right and wrong.

Tyndall's viewpoint was, and still is, wrong. We can say that with some assurance.

Ever heard the phrase 'there ain't no black in the Union Jack'? That was Tyndall.

His motives were that he was a white supremacist who believed that those of a different skin colour were inferior beings' date=' and that they should not be allowed to share the same land as the whites.

You really are just talking rubbish here. There are very clear distinctions of right and wrong.

Tyndall's viewpoint was, and still is, wrong. We can say that with some assurance.[/quote']

Look i'm for about the millionth time saying that i don't agree with what his viewpoint is. I AM NOT A RACIST I HATE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE IN EQUAL MEASURE. I am saying that everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of how wrong i or you think it is. As soon as you try and take away someonelses right to having an opinion or a set of beliefs you are treating them with a measure of inequality. This makes you no better than the people you hate so much.

I do not agree with racist views, i think its terrible that someone would judge someone else by the colour of their skin. BUT i still think that other people are entitled to have opinions of their own. My only hope is that someday they will change their mind, but they have to do that themselves otherwise its just someone else forcing their views upon another which is WRONG. We all have the power to figure out what is right and wrong. Some just choose not to use it.

Look i'm for about the millionth time saying that i don't agree with what his viewpoint is. I AM NOT A RACIST I HATE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE IN EQUAL MEASURE. I am saying that everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of how wrong i or you think it is. As soon as you try and take away someonelses right to having an opinion or a set of beliefs you are treating them with a measure of inequality. This makes you no better than the people you hate so much.

I do not agree with racist views' date=' i think its terrible that someone would judge someone else by the colour of their skin. [b']BUT i still think that other people are entitled to have opinions of their own. My only hope is that someday they will change their mind, but they have to do that themselves otherwise its just someone else forcing their views upon another which is WRONG. We all have the power to figure out what is right and wrong. Some just choose not to use it.

We aren't trying to take away his entitlement to an opinion, but you seem intent on taking away our entitlement to the opinion that he's a cunt who we won't miss.

There has been quite an interesting discussion on this topic and most points have been covered, but there is one subject that, maybe, surprisingly has not been mentioned, which I would concisely like to address.

The subject that I am referring to is the London bombings. Did you post or say comments like, Four down in reference to the deaths of the four suicide bombers who took away the lives of innocent civilians? If not, why?

Guest tv tanned
There has been quite an interesting discussion on this topic and most points have been covered' date=' but there is one subject that, maybe, surprisingly has not been mentioned, which I would concisely like to address.

The subject that I am referring to is the London bombings. Did you post or say comments like, Four down in reference to the deaths of the four suicide bombers who took away the lives of innocent civilians? If not, why?[/quote']

The fact they took well over fifty people with them kind of nullifies that point. I think that it was more a case of the innocent being fifty-plus down, rather than terrorists being four down...

The fact they took well over fifty people with them kind of nullifies that point. I think that it was more a case of the innocent being fifty-plus down' date=' rather than terrorists being four down...[/quote']

It doesnt nullify the point at all. Therefore, did you or did you not make a comment saying it was good that the bombers died or think that it was a good thing that the four bombers died?

Guest MerryChristmas
Dude' date=' you're a prick. He may not've been a nice guy but there's no need to be like that. You make yourself look no better than the BNP themselves with comments like that.[/quote']

Seconded :down:

I do not agree with racist views' date=' i think its terrible that someone would judge someone else by the colour of their skin. [b']BUT i still think that other people are entitled to have opinions of their own. My only hope is that someday they will change their mind, but they have to do that themselves otherwise its just someone else forcing their views upon another which is WRONG. We all have the power to figure out what is right and wrong. Some just choose not to use it.

give us a shout when you reach china, will you ?

that's a massive hole, must be a record by now.

We aren't trying to take away his entitlement to an opinion' date=' but you seem intent on taking away our entitlement to the opinion that he's a cunt who we won't miss.[/quote']

No i'm not. I was expressing my opinion. I guess tolerance is the key from all parties. If everyone was more tolerant toward one another and didn't express their opinions in a matter that was hurtfull and disrespectfull towards others then the world would be a much better place. I agree with Lester Burnham, Actions speak louder than words as the saying goes.

There has been quite an interesting discussion on this topic and most points have been covered' date=' but there is one subject that, maybe, surprisingly has not been mentioned, which I would concisely like to address.

The subject that I am referring to is the London bombings. Did you post or say comments like, Four down in reference to the deaths of the four suicide bombers who took away the lives of innocent civilians? If not, why?[/quote']

that's a bit unfair...

if bin laden / whoever is at the top died, I'd be a wee bit happier.

if bush died, I'd be a wee bit happier.

if anyone dies, who's made it their lifes work to promote hatred and intollerance, I'd be a wee bit happier.

this argument is fucked, it's fucking pointless, can we talk about something trivial ?

PS, did I read someone saying we should be more "Christian" and forgive and not feel hatred to haters ?....

don't you love it that "christians" have the market on being comapssionate, and lovely to fellow humans, I mean, a kind buddist, who believes in love and good will to al (love thy neighbour) is called "christian"....I call it "being a good human".

this is really boring....I think I'll stop reading this pish thread now.

No i'm not. I was expressing my opinion. I guess tolerance is the key from all parties. If everyone was more tolerant toward one another and didn't express their opinions in a matter that was hurtfull and disrespectfull towards others then the world would be a much better place. I agree with Lester Burnham' date=' Actions speak louder than words as the saying goes.[/quote']

one party that won't agree is the bnp. their actions speak louder than words too, usually by intimidation, violence, racism and much other unsavoury acts directed against anyone who disagrees with them or is of different colour/race/religion. every death(be it human or animal) is tragic but lets face it some are less tragic than others. while i'm not celebrating this fellows death and feel sorry for those misguided people who will geniunely miss him we surely can take some heart in the fact that he won't be able to spread his hateful message ever again. i think it's wrong to say you hate everyone equally. that can only make you an intensly bitter person phil, you need to realise that some people reserve a special place in human society by being pillars of hate. they hate with a passion unequalled by anyone and they are not to be treated as equals to those people who spread messages of peace and equality. racists and bigots should not be left to their own devices, we can't just sit back and hope they change their opinions on their own. we're dealing with intenstly stupid people here who follow a small number of slightly more intelligent people who manipulate opinions, fears and worries into an army of hate filled messengers trying to turn our country's youth into carbon copies of themselves. i'm not saying we go out and fight fire with fire, but we need to be aware of what's happening and make sure everyone is aware. get an equally strong message out there that we, the people, want peace for everyone. it's not a 'hippy' or 'emo' message its a human message. john tyndall is dead. one step closer to peace for britain. this man wanted a war, the bnp want a race war and a holy war. they want white christian britain to be scared and rallying to their misguided cause. we shouldn't celebrate it but we can breath a sigh of relief for a moment.

now for thursday when that prick griffin gets sent down. (crosses fingers, toes and anything crossable). my only regret is that tyndall didn't live long enough to be tried and justice served.

one party that won't agree is the bnp. their actions speak louder than words too' date=' usually by intimidation, violence, racism and much other unsavoury acts directed against anyone who disagrees with them or is of different colour/race/religion. every death(be it human or animal) is tragic but lets face it some are less tragic than others. while i'm not celebrating this fellows death and feel sorry for those misguided people who will geniunely miss him we surely can take some heart in the fact that he won't be able to spread his hateful message ever again. i think it's wrong to say you hate everyone equally. that can only make you an intensly bitter person phil, you need to realise that some people reserve a special place in human society by being pillars of hate. they hate with a passion unequalled by anyone and they are not to be treated as equals to those people who spread messages of peace and equality. racists and bigots should not be left to their own devices, we can't just sit back and hope they change their opinions on their own. we're dealing with intenstly stupid people here who follow a small number of slightly more intelligent people who manipulate opinions, fears and worries into an army of hate filled messengers trying to turn our country's youth into carbon copies of themselves. i'm not saying we go out and fight fire with fire, but we need to be aware of what's happening and make sure everyone is aware. get an equally strong message out there that we, the people, want peace for everyone. it's not a 'hippy' or 'emo' message its a human message. john tyndall is dead. one step closer to peace for britain. this man wanted a war, the bnp want a race war and a holy war. they want white christian britain to be scared and rallying to their misguided cause. we shouldn't celebrate it but we can breath a sigh of relief for a moment.

now for thursday when that prick griffin gets sent down. (crosses fingers, toes and anything crossable). my only regret is that tyndall didn't live long enough to be tried and justice served.[/quote']

My issue is with humanity as a whole. We all need to change, not just the few. When we as an entire encompassing race can accept each other as individuals then the human race will be a lot better off.

I myself have been on the end of racism so believe me i know how it feels to be dicriminated against. And before anyone asks i was racially abused verbally by a 'gang' of asian youths in Birmingham when i was 14. I felt degraded and intimidated, and thought i was going to get a kicking. Funny that, just because of the way i look i.e being white and having a skinhead, that automatically makes me a neo-nazi in some peoples eyes.

No i'm not. I was expressing my opinion. I guess tolerance is the key from all parties. If everyone was more tolerant toward one another and didn't express their opinions in a matter that was hurtfull and disrespectfull towards others then the world would be a much better place. I agree with Lester Burnham' date=' Actions speak louder than words as the saying goes.[/quote']

Why should we respect the freedom of fascists not to believe in freedom? Personally I don't believe that fascists are entitled to their opinion that torturing and killing 6 million jews, gypsies, homosexuals, and various other minority groups during WWII was the right thing to do.

The BNP, ostensibly at least, is a party for nationalism (which should be very different from racism)... so yes there may be a valid argument that they are entitled to their opinion. Tyndall was an out and out Nazi who idolised Hitler, and that's why the BNP expelled him.

Just for the record I personally find the BNP extremely objectionable. They do however serve a political purpose; the mainstream politicians gauge any increase in extremist support as an indicator that the mainstrean has drifted too far in the opposite direction.

But give me a gun, and some measure of criminal immunity, and yes I'd probably shoot the fuckers. Along with all other extremists and espcially those who mix politics with religion... Hmm wait... Fuck it - I'd just shoot every politician full stop. Arseholes.

My issue is with humanity as a whole. We all need to change' date=' not just the few. When we as an entire encompassing race can accept each other as individuals then the human race will be a lot better off.

I myself have been on the end of racism so believe me i know how it feels to be dicriminated against. And before anyone asks i was racially abused verbally by a 'gang' of asian youths in Birmingham when i was 14. I felt degraded and intimidated, and thought i was going to get a kicking. Funny that, just because of the way i look i.e being white and having a skinhead, that automatically makes me a neo-nazi in some peoples eyes.[/quote']

coudn't agree more, humanity as a whole needs to realise that the sooner everyone works together for a better world the nicer the whole place will be. that work starts by just being a nicer person and smiling at folk. you'd be amazed at the difference smiling at someone and having a friendly demeanour can have. what i mean is it doesn't have to be grand gestures or even direct action. folks should be as involved as they want to be, if you don't want to march don't march. but be friendly to those around you and they'll go away feeling better about themselves and might spread that friendliness around. word.

racism obviously isn't confined to the bnp, we need to discourage all forms of it be it anti-black, asian, white, irish, jew or whatever. it's not cool and it just leads to misery and hate and ultimately violence. the bnp however encourage the division of the UK and antagonise communities into action against people they fear and are suspicious of which quite often could be white people. this means the bnp can use these incidents as publicity tools saying we need them. i'm not saying that's the only reason, the bnp ain't to blame for everything. there are a large number of groups in all communities that seek to divide the country and spread fear and mistrust through communities.

coudn't agree more' date=' humanity as a whole needs to realise that the sooner everyone works together for a better world the nicer the whole place will be. that work starts by just being a nicer person and smiling at folk. you'd be amazed at the difference smiling at someone and having a friendly demeanour can have. what i mean is it doesn't have to be grand gestures or even direct action. folks should be as involved as they want to be, if you don't want to march don't march. but be friendly to those around you and they'll go away feeling better about themselves and might spread that friendliness around. word.[/quote']

Very true. If everyone commited to converting just one person - THEMSELF - to being decent then the world would be a much better place.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Very true. If everyone commited to converting just one person - THEMSELF - to being decent then the world would be a much better place.

Is it true that you mic'd up a sax by pointing the microphone at the reed/mouthpiece?