aberdeen-music

Aberdeen sign Lovell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a formidable line-up' date=' but is Smith better than Clark? I know Clark is a bit annoying with his constant cutting inside and shooting rather than crossing but he does have skill and he's the only one who isn't scared to shoot from outside the box.[/quote']

Oh yeah, like his goal against rangers near the end of last season. I was embarrased to celebrate that goal.

i don't know why we didn't keep mcguire. he could play in every positiong in defence including sweeper and just in front of the defence. if we still had mcguire we would have been covered at the back and not had to worry about bringing in trialists and trying to get griffin fit, if were still after him that is.

i don't know why we didn't keep mcguire. he could play in every positiong in defence including sweeper and just in front of the defence. if we still had mcguire we would have been covered at the back and not had to worry about bringing in trialists and trying to get griffin fit' date=' if were still after him that is.[/quote']

in tonights paper calderwood said their room for only one more signing, their seams to be a couple of younsters coming through like; considine and oleary who are both defenders, if aberdeen want to take a step forward then they nead to drop the fringe players like mquire and focus on stepping up in the market, mquires leaving is the reason we can sign another striker

in tonights paper calderwood said their room for only one more signing' date=' their seams to be a couple of younsters coming through like; considine and oleary who are both defenders, if aberdeen want to take a step forward then they nead to drop the fringe players like mquire and focus on stepping up in the market, mquires leaving is the reason we can sign another striker[/quote']

O'Leary's left last I heard, because hes "homesick"...I believe his home is in Glasgow, pity, cos he looked more than able in the times I'd seen him

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I rate Morrison very highly' date=' he's got a great left foot. He'll be a real asset at set pieces. His defending needs a bit of work though. My cousin was at your 5-0 victory over raith and was impressed with him.[/quote']

The general opinion of Morrison seems to be that he's a defender who's good at everything except defending! I'll accept that, no bother.

Oh, on a side note, our recent friendly against Gretna was the last ever game on the artificial turf, it's being replaced with grass. Now everyone can stop fucking moaning about it!

There are rumours that McGuire's leaving had more to do with other matters than football. (involving mcguire and russel anderson's wife apparantly)

Hmmm, I'm quite familiar with Russell's wife (she lived round the corner from me), and I can't imagine she'd mess around with a gargoyle like McGuire. If that's what you were getting at

The rumour may well have been a cruel joke at the poor lads expense.

I can see no reason for McGuire being sold' date=' either. He started the season at left back, and played all along the backline and in defensive midfield. Byrne can't even use his left foot with any composure, never mind both[/quote']

If we don't sign that pole, I'm putting a tenner on Byrne to be top goal scorer.

Guest DustyDeviada

incidentally wasn't mcguire engaged to ian donald's (rather fit) daughter?

Nah, that was Darren young.

Weren't there also rumours surrounding Pele and McGuire's wife or something?

Guest tv tanned
Nah' date=' that was Darren young.

Weren't there also rumours surrounding Pele and McGuire's wife or something?[/quote']

Yes, the rumour was that the scruffy alky was giving her one.

Having met her a few times it would be very very surprising if there was any truth in that one...