aberdeen-music

fucking ace songs by Statue of Misery.

Chi 666

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Maxwell when you need him :(

In all honesty, labelling yourselves as the "best thing ever" will backfire very badly on yourselves if you don't deliver it - and from what I've heard on the a-m.com radio, you really don't. The singing was decent enough, but the guitars sounded like someone had just plugged their guitar into a distortion pedal and turned it up full - muddy as fuck, no clarity whatsoever..and the drumming was weaaaaaaaak.

You'll learn though.

we didnt say "we're the best thing ever". we said it the collective group of bands is. its not like we mean it as serious as a kick in the balls anyway. how many people are gonna show up if we go "oh, well i suppose its gonna be okay. come along if you like middle of the road, nothing special music. yay, go us."

yes, us....and thats all.

and who's maxwell :gringo:

Where's Maxwell when you need him :(

from what I've heard on the a-m.com radio' date=' you really don't. The singing was decent enough, but the guitars sounded like someone had just plugged their guitar into a distortion pedal and turned it up full - muddy as fuck, no clarity whatsoever..and the drumming was weaaaaaaaak.

You'll learn though.[/quote']

this from a man who states one of his talents as poor bass playing

at first i hated cloud, then i began to respect the man (even thought i could learn a little from him) but FUCK THAT KID! of fucking course the E.P was nae going to be perfect, it was recorded in captin toms for fuck sake, in a 8 hour slot. we dont think of ourselfs as the best thing to hit metal music, far from it, as Zero said, would anyone turn up to a gig (or even lisen to an e.p) of an ok, not the best, run of the fucking mill, new band? hell no. you have to be cofedent enough with your music to be like "were gonna blow your fucking heads off with this shit" and no we havent yet, but fuck me are we getting there.

oh and check the shit other people have been saing about us in the other forum just down the list called Statue of Misery.

dick

we've been together for just under a year now and have an ep already. it was recorded and mixed in a hurry. theres issues with mixing and hurried tracking. we'll be making another effort quite soon, hopefully recording the 5 songs on the current ep again and adding about another 5 to the list.

we are the first to admit its not as good as it could have been. our new songs have more of a style and a bit more definition so hopefully they'll be more to others taste

It drives me crazy when bands get narky and defensive after getting a slagging.

As soon as you post your music on the internet, you leave yourself open to criticism, whether constructive, polite or shamefully nasty. Deal with it.

Also, there's no point being in a band if you don't think your music is brilliant, but leave out the rock star posturing and self-hype until you can justify it.

AKM

look, since when are we getting narky and defencive? i accecpt all comments, good or bad. you obviously have nae read the whole forum or you would know i love my band, and i love our music.i can easy take critisisms yes, but not comments which people post in here to be asshole, pointless nasty comments unhelpfull in every way.if you have comments like that keep them to yourself.

if your in a band then you should know that "self-hype" is not a bad thing, you have to get peoples attention, your not going to do that but saying "well we are ok, nothing fantastic, but kinda ok" i love my music as i have said, and like to hype it up a little, if you dont like it thats fine, its not everyones cop of tea. if you felt so strongly about you bands music (if you have a band that is) youd hype the fuck out of it to.

Telling people to "keep comments to yourself" and going on about how quickly and cheaply you had to record, etc, sounds pretty narky and defensive to me. If people want to take the piss out of your band, they're allowed to. Live with it.

I happen think my band's *songs* are terrific, but I'm realistic enough to know that as a band, we are not well-honed or tight enough to start banging the drum about how good we are.

AKM