aberdeen-music

anyone goin to gleneagles tomorrow?

kirkt

Dave, I'm not dismissing your arguments at all... i'm really not.

Im just saying you seem to be falling into the trap that most people do of immediately saying "global warming blah blah, man bad, break planet all cry..."

Sorry to sound really up myself, but far too many people just say by default all these things without actually looking at real evidence. Most of it is coincidentally coinciding with natural planet events...

The Best example is the Post Ice Age warming.... after a major ice age like the one we are in (soon to be out of) the planet has previously demonstrated warmings of something like 2-3 maybe more degrees C per decade... this is actually much faster than what we are seeing now... so even with an PIA event warming us, we aren't warming as fast as we have seen in the past.

I'm not dismissing you though, I do understand that mankind does do alot of bad to the planets natural workings, but remember - we are natural workings of the planet aswell, we are part of it no matter how highly advanced we become, we still remain a slave to the cycles of the earth... and as yet they still control. The carbon cycle will find plently of ways to lock the excess Carbon back in the eath to find a new balance again...

This is actually becoming quite a good debate thread, a rare occurrence these days.... anyway like I said - we should all be much more worried about that asteroid thats only 45 years away with a 1 in 50,00 chance of hitting!!

Ryan' date=' your right - Bono is a knob. Total knob.[/quote']

I'm fucking sick of being preached to about the whole fucking thing to be honest; and every time they parade some poor African on I can't help but cringe, it's so patronisingly awful. Every African that has spoken has called for fair trade, the Live8 organisors evidently fail to see that that's the best way to make poverty history, and the US is never going to do that. I could happpilly strangle that Bono though, he's a cock.

its the total fuckers who go in and "Protest" but end up smashing peoples houses, ruining businesses and being cunts... im sick of them - the Police should be allowed to carry "non-lethal" weapons (notice in quotes...) like rubber bag shotguns and tasers and shit, that'll show em...

For now its awesome to see all those arseholes get a good thrashing - utter fucking cunts the lot of them.

Dave' date=' I'm not dismissing your arguments at all... i'm really not.

Im just saying you seem to be falling into the trap that most people do of immediately saying "global warming blah blah, man bad, break planet all cry..."

Sorry to sound really up myself, but far too many people just say by default all these things without actually looking at real evidence. Most of it is coincidentally coinciding with natural planet events...

The Best example is the Post Ice Age warming.... after a major ice age like the one we are in (soon to be out of) the planet has previously demonstrated warmings of something like 2-3 maybe more degrees C per decade... this is actually much faster than what we are seeing now... so even with an PIA event warming us, we aren't warming as fast as we have seen in the past.

I'm not dismissing you though, I do understand that mankind does do alot of bad to the planets natural workings, but remember - we are natural workings of the planet aswell, we are part of it no matter how highly advanced we become, we still remain a slave to the cycles of the earth... and as yet they still control. The carbon cycle will find plently of ways to lock the excess Carbon back in the eath to find a new balance again...

This is actually becoming quite a good debate thread, a rare occurrence these days.... anyway like I said - we should all be much more worried about that asteroid thats only 45 years away with a 1 in 50,00 chance of hitting!![/quote']

like i said, there's nothing we can do about a massive asteroid hitting us but we can stop cutting down rainforests. so no point fretting about a big rock.

delaying the process? that's insane! destroying 16 million hectares of important tropical forest a year is not evolution! evolution has nothing to do with it! evolution occurs over millions of years not a couple of hundred' date=' this is murder and vandalism. this is short sighted greed. this is utterly stupid and has been for years. to deny it's importance and it's existence is naive and blinkered.

[/quote']

well i think that to blame mankind for something that's been naturally occurring for millenia is naive and blinkered.

well i think that to blame mankind for something that's been naturally occurring for millenia is naive and blinkered.

heh, that's no argument. that's just taking what i said about you're argument and changing it to mine. booo. :)

i'm not solely blaming mankind, what i'm saying is that mankind adds to the problem and is restricting the planets ability to deal with the naturally occurring rises in carbon and in temperature. obviously the planet is capable of withstanding dramatic rises in carbon deposits and yes we are still coming out of an ice age but that still doesn't mean that there isn't a threat which should be monitored and addressed.

fair enough, i was rushing my response and hadn't read beyond your comment before i posted. i'm not denying that we shouldn't monitor climate change, but as doc says, it's been massively blown out of proportion. i think proposals such as my good friend gordon brown's (note massive sarcasm there) to give everyone a carbon allowance and charge them once they've gone beyond that, are ridiculous.

its the total fuckers who go in and "Protest" but end up smashing peoples houses' date=' ruining businesses and being cunts... im sick of them - the Police should be allowed to carry "non-lethal" weapons (notice in quotes...) like rubber bag shotguns and tasers and shit, that'll show em...

For now its awesome to see all those arseholes get a good thrashing - utter fucking cunts the lot of them.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more.

you should be a little skeptical about whether or not those are protestors, or at least how many of them are protestors. a large amount of the people who smashed up stirling may have been local neds up for a fight(according to some witnesses anyway) or even undercover people trying to weaken support for the protests. now before anyone laughs off that last suggestion remember that this is the 8 most powerful people in the world and there is every certainty that MI5 and MI6 are operating somewhere around gleneagles in some capacity and that tactic would certianly work. of course it may just be that they were a bunch of stupid thugs who have no idea what anarchy is and use it as an excuse to beat people up and cause havoc. what is certian is that the police helped to direct them into that area perhaps in an attempt to pen them in or perhaps to allow them to shoot themselves in the foot publicity wise.

not saying this is what happened just that it's something worth thinking about and that people shouldn't jump to the first most obvious conclusion.

I know that a bunch of neds in Bannockburn just decided to loot for a laugh. Most appeared to be bloody stupid protesters. Some police were trying to blame it on the black block, who were up in Gleneagles all the time.

Doc, if they're vandalising property, they should be dealt with as ordinary criminals. What do you think'd happen if the police only authorised tazers and shotgun pellets for protesters?

Doc' date=' if they're vandalising property, they should be dealt with as ordinary criminals.[/quote']

Granted if that was the case and all they were doing was smashing windows etc then they should be dealt with as ordinary criminals. But that's not all they were doing. Rocks, bricks, bins, fence posts etc were all thrown at the police in a diliberate attempt to cause harm. The police should definately be allowed to retaliate with "non-lethal" wepaons to take those bum fuckers out. Mon' the tazers!

Guest haigyman
haven't you seen deep impact?

yes, they ALMOST managed, and it was a happy ending because only europe got destroyed.

if we just learn from it we'll be ok.

surely, when there's an asteroid that is going to hit the earth and cause the biggest fucking Tsunami the world has ever seen....

...a beach (on the coast) is not the best place in the world to GO and STAND????

I mean, how about the mountains? they are nice too.

I couldn't stress enough how bad an idea going to the beach would be in this situation.

you should be a little skeptical about whether or not those are protestors' date=' or at least how many of them are protestors. a large amount of the people who smashed up stirling may have been local neds up for a fight(according to some witnesses anyway) or even undercover people trying to weaken support for the protests. [/quote']

There were certainly counter-protests at the Anti-War demonstrations a coupl'a years ago - mainly hoolies looking for a fight.