aberdeen-music

Tears of Grace on myspace/purevolume

ben_1903

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think your singer is trying to sound exactly like amy lee, which makes the entire band sound like evanescence, it lacks originality in my opinion. on a good note; i like the guitar layers, the drums are pretty good , but the recording of the drums sounds really flat and also abit low

i think your singer is trying to sound exactly like amy lee' date=' which makes the entire band sound like evanescence, it lacks originality in my opinion. on a good note; i like the guitar layers, the drums are pretty good , but the recording of the drums sounds really flat and also abit low[/quote']

Your right about the drums, I wish the drums were less falt, but its a demo and does its job.

Fairy nuff that you think Rachael sounds like amy lee....personally I disgaree.

I don't really like it. It's very derivative, sounds an awful lot like an awful lot of other bands. Needs a certain spark - something new, fresh, original. And your singer seems to lack confidence. The vocals are a bit murky.

Finally, the guitars could have been tuned a bit better in the "quiet" bit.

AKM

I think the vocals sound strained, like the song is in a key that is too low for her voice to be properly projected. It sounds like she isnt very comfortable singing down there.

I agree with what has been said it lacks that spark, the song kinda roll away and you lose interest after a while. The drum sound is pretty poor as well but as you say it is a demo.

Also one of the earlier guitar solos has a lot of wrong notes or badly played notes, i know its a demo but it should be played better imo.

There are some nice bits but overall i just think it lacks any great imagination or creativity to really make me want to listen to anymore, and i really get the evenecense(sp) feeling off it.

I think the vocals sound strained' date=' like the song is in a key that is too low for her voice to be properly projected. It sounds like she isnt very comfortable singing down there.

I agree with what has been said it lacks that spark, the song kinda roll away and you lose interest after a while. The drum sound is pretty poor as well but as you say it is a demo.

Also one of the earlier guitar solos has a lot of wrong notes or badly played notes, i know its a demo but it should be played better imo.

There are some nice bits but overall i just think it lacks any great imagination or creativity to really make me want to listen to anymore, and i really get the evenecense(sp) feeling off it.[/quote']

Thanks for input. Since then we've sat down and gotten guitars sorted. Rachael is much more comfortable now, she's gaining confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

that demo is good,but does them no justice!!! i have seen TOG live 3 times, and they are always fantastic, rae is a fantastic singer, ben an amazing drummer, gary kicks ass on bass, and colin is imense on guitar, so if u really wanna hear TOG at their best, come along to the tunnels on friday the 29th july at 7:30, and see for yourselfs!! :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

The tunnels was a pretty decent gig although I thought the Drummonds gig was better, maybe cos of the larger crowd? or maybe just cos i prefer Drummonds :p

This time I felt, however that the vocals were slighly louder than before (volume wise) which I thought was a lot better. I feel sometimes that it is sounds like a competition between Gary, Colin and Ben to see whos loudest and Rae is sometimes left out. Maybe its just cos I heart Rae's singing :p

I think you guys are cool, i love the energy that is apparant in the songs you write. your vocalists singing is really good and i think that if anyone took the time to think about it it takes a lot of nerve to get up there and sing with that kind of voice because unlike most styles its actually singing not screaming, rapping and the like. So you go on wit ya bad self :rockon: , my only advice would be to maybe to not seem so self-concious, maybe jump around a bit, but hey if thats not your bag then nevermind. As for the demo, lets be realistic people its not like they'll of had the money to splash out on a three week recording session. its the feel of the music you gotta listen to not the recording quality especially at this early stage. But i do go on so let me leave you with this :rockon::band::rockon:

I can't believe there is so much positive feedback on this thread! I saw Tears of Grace at the Tunnels and they were the most pathetically unoriginal, dreadful metal band I have ever had the misfortune to see. Dumb riffs, couldn't stay in time, pointless female singer and to cop it all, their very own version of the "One" solo, badly played with a few notes altered.

Sorry if that's offensive, it's not personal, but I cannot stand brainless metal with childish set-piece moshing to accompany it. Your minds have been warped!

I can't believe there is so much positive feedback on this thread! I saw Tears of Grace at the Tunnels and they were the most pathetically unoriginal' date=' dreadful metal band I have ever had the misfortune to see. Dumb riffs, couldn't stay in time, pointless female singer and to cop it all, their very own version of the "One" solo, badly played with a few notes altered.

Sorry if that's offensive, it's not personal, but I cannot stand brainless metal with childish set-piece moshing to accompany it. Your minds have been warped![/quote']

Okay, something more constructive would have been appreciated.

I don't think we're unoriginal...but thats just an opinion.

Calling a singer pointless is pretty childish if you ask me.

'dumb riffs' - what was dumb about them? you might think they're not good - but they aren't 'dumb'.

and the bhand can't help it if some people choose mosh....i think it looked fun.

We (the band) don't think this was a great gig, but it was okay; didn't go how we planned but you can't have it all.

I can't believe there is so much positive feedback on this thread! I saw Tears of Grace at the Tunnels and they were the most pathetically unoriginal' date=' dreadful metal band I have ever had the misfortune to see. Dumb riffs, couldn't stay in time, pointless female singer and to cop it all, their very own version of the "One" solo, badly played with a few notes altered.

Sorry if that's offensive, it's not personal, but I cannot stand brainless metal with childish set-piece moshing to accompany it. Your minds have been warped![/quote']

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU TASTELESS WANKER!