aberdeen-music

I love Barry from Mogwai.....

RossP

taken from www.mogwai.co.uk

Chris Martin: A failure in the eyes of himself?

Ok, Stuart just told me the following: During the Coldplay Glastonbury set, in the middle of their new "hit" single, Chris Martin loudly blurted out the line, "Crazy Frog, where are you now?". Oh my shit. This says a few things to me......

1) You (Chris) shouldn't speak at all because you're brutally unfunny, inbetween songs OR during them and

2) You really must have a hang up about that ringtone beating you to the number 1 spot. Who on EARTH is going to know what you're talking about when people watch back at your Glasto footage in 5 years? You fucking moronic twat. I mean, let's face it, a phone-based 90's style techno remix of Axel F overdubbed with an annoying pretend frog is still better than your bands turgid, faux emotional SHITE. You should be in awe of the crazy frog. You're a dick and your band are mince. Fuck off and drop dead of a heart attack, cunt. I think the big occasion got to you there Chris...."Where aaaare you nowwwwwww Crazy Frog"? Who would say this without being crippled by embarrassment for 100 years?

And to the people who no doubt cheered when he said it, has the shame sunk in yet?

I will be recording this "glasto moment" as soon as I find out when it's being repeated on the Telly. And furthermore, I'm going to make it into a ringtone and sell it. Amazing.

Barry

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taken from www.mogwai.co.uk

Chris Martin: A failure in the eyes of himself?

Ok' date=' Stuart just told me the following: During the Coldplay Glastonbury set, in the middle of their new "hit" single, Chris Martin loudly blurted out the line, "Crazy Frog, where are you now?". Oh my shit. This says a few things to me......

1) You (Chris) shouldn't speak at all because you're brutally unfunny, inbetween songs OR during them and

2) You really must have a hang up about that ringtone beating you to the number 1 spot. Who on EARTH is going to know what you're talking about when people watch back at your Glasto footage in 5 years? You fucking moronic twat. I mean, let's face it, a phone-based 90's style techno remix of Axel F overdubbed with an annoying pretend frog is still better than your bands turgid, faux emotional SHITE. You should be in awe of the crazy frog. You're a dick and your band are mince. Fuck off and drop dead of a heart attack, cunt. I think the big occasion got to you there Chris...."Where aaaare you nowwwwwww Crazy Frog"? Who would say this without being crippled by embarrassment for 100 years?

And to the people who no doubt cheered when he said it, has the shame sunk in yet?

I will be recording this "glasto moment" as soon as I find out when it's being repeated on the Telly. And furthermore, I'm going to make it into a ringtone and sell it. Amazing.

Barry[/quote']

Pure poetry.

Well the rant was taken down rather quickly from the site, but it just goes to show how much i love barry more now- check bold text....

Afternoon all

After Barry's equally libelous and hilarious Coldplay rant i thought i'd let you all know how all our ailments are. Oh an wee note to the plebicite dimwits who e-mailed me to complain about it. I am not Barry, i am balder and shorter than him and for the record have no particular gripe with Coldplay.

1) John: his Curiosa sickness hath returned. Brought on by a particularly strenuous game of football in London town.

2) Martin: his arm is getting better and he managed a day of light drumming yesterday with sexy results.

3) Dominic: he says that it's too hot upstairs but this has yet to develop into anything serious.

4) Barry: has no symptoms worth noting but has a wild look in his eyes which could be the start of something.

5) Me: i'm fine though according to one confused soul who chastised me for Barry's rant "i'm not as great as i think i am" which poses the question: how great do think i am? Ah! The greatness, be grateful for the greatness!!

Stuart

i think coldplay are ace

coldplay are turgid MOR rubbish for "sensitive" students & wannabee-political activists who's activism extends no further than wearing a white rubber band on their wrist.

conclusive proof that the average person in the UK only knows seven recording artists - and two of them are Robbie Williams.

coldplay are turgid MOR rubbish for "sensitive" students & wannabee-political activists who's activism extends no further than wearing a white rubber band on their wrist.

conclusive proof that the average person in the UK only knows seven recording artists - and two of them are Robbie Williams.

Still listening to Radio 2 then? BTW Le Weekend downloads are available on The Wire's website http://www.thewire.co.uk/web/camera.php for those who like the noise and improv end of life...

Dave

Guest Gasss

Barry Burns walked into the control room when I was recording with my band 3 years ago. He made me fluff a take.

He's right about coldplay though.

I like tough guys with flutes. I'd like to see a fight between Barry Burns and Ian Anderson. Ian Anderson would win because of his farm fresh salmon special moves.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

hahahahahaha

Still listening to Radio 2 then? BTW Le Weekend downloads are available on The Wire's website http://www.thewire.co.uk/web/camera.php for those who like the noise and improv end of life...

Dave

yeah, i watched them yesterday - there's a split second about 3/4s of the way through the mirror/dash set when the camera pans towards Thurston & my head comes into the picture. I'll stand further back next time.

But what could have enraged him so much to have a dig at Martin? I know - the fact that Mogwai, whilst not even playing Glastonbury themselves, will also never, ever, ever, ever headline Glastonbury. Mogwai are fucking shite, and he can say what he wants about Coldplay but they've done well for themselves. Its like the thick kid in school having a go at the clever one.

Mike