aberdeen-music

Ascension...

kirkt

Guest Gregor Ascension

I already knew this. You will find out that the name has been taken by numerous bands across the globe, mainly Christian rock bands. Is it that you want us to change our name? Otherwise you could have notified us by PM or via Scorge.

Err I'm afraid if you look around lots of band names are re-iterated over across the globe, you will hardly ever find a band name that hasn't been....

There are something like 14 "Ascensions" in the US, mainly Christians, but none of them play Power Metal, and according to the rules of naming bands the only stipulation is that you shouldnt confuse yourself with another band incase people mistake you for them.

Now we are the only Ascension in the UK playing Power Metal asfar as i'm away, I think that'll do me fine.

Short Version: We're not changing name :p

Err I'm afraid if you look around lots of band names are re-iterated over across the globe' date=' you will hardly ever find a band name that hasn't been....

[/quote']

Yeah I thought when i found this german band, it'd be interesting to see what other bands from aberdeen have the same name as another band...i know there is a ska band from US called usuals, but thats not the same as the usuals. anyone know any others?

why would a band want the name they already know another band to possess?

this should be a "FIND A NEW NAME FOR ASCENSION" thread.....

Well technically, we thought of the name FIRST, and decided we wanted it... then later we found out there were a few other Ascensions, however it doesn't really bother us at all as we are the only Power Metal playing Ascension as far as I'm aware...