aberdeen-music

Madeley Watch

Swingin' Ryan

I've come to the conclusion that Richard Madeley is the best television personality ever, and a thread should be devoted to his daily words of wisdom on Richard and Judy.

Today's instalment - During an interview with a couple who drove anti-clockwise around Britian's beaches they began to discuss Whitby, then out of the blue Richard comes out with this gem..... "We all know a lot of people go to Whitby to kill themselves, but some people do just go for ice cream".

Keep your eyes and ears peeled.Dickhead3%20copy.jpg

He does come out with some true gems! True presenting legend' date=' he should do a show with Simon![/quote']

Amstell and Madeley together would be 100% TV gold.

Jim Shelley did a great piece in The Mirror a couple of months back called "The Madness of Richard Madeley", where he logged a week of Madeleys various non-PC statements and general faux-pas on Richard and Judy and then transcribed them, I wish I'd kept it.

Putting Richard into a situation that could involve any legality slip-ups is like putting a fox in a chicken coop.

One of my all-time favourites happened last week I think during 'You Say We Pay'. They had a particularly irritating, mouthy Essex girl who kept calling Judy, 'honey' and 'babe', then called Richard 'sexy'. She then had to describe a camel.

Girl - Oh, it's a hairy animal with two humps!

Richard - You on a bad night?

Absolutely golden.

• 2 months later...

Richard and Judy is back and Richard is straight back with one of the best "Judy cut-offs" I've ever seen.

Not only did he interupt her, he started waggling a pen around to stop her. Then he mentioned a guy who used to fart songs for royalty as an entertainment, everyones amused, then Richard chips in with.....

Richard - I also heard about a guy who used to 'invert' himself and then go underwater and spray water from his bottom........Queue one of the best "shocked Judy" faces of all time and then the classic "Ooooh Richard".

The worlds been a boring place without him.