aberdeen-music

Bob Geldof reveals live 8 line up

Marc

BOB GELDOF has officially revealed plans for LIVE 8.

The gigs, on July 2, will take place in Hyde Park in London, as well as shows in Philadelphia, Berlin, Rome and Paris.

Tickets for the London show will be free, but only available to people who win a text lottery, which takes place on June 6.

Artists already confirmed include U2, Razorlight , Muse,Scissor Sisters, Robbie Williams, Madonna, Elton John, Coldplay, REM, Dido, Paul McCartney and Keane.

There have also been mutterings of a Spice Girls reunion, currently unconfirmed.

In Philadelphia, confirmed acts include Will Smith, Bon Jovi, Maroon 5, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z and Brian Wilson.

The confirmed line-up so far runs:

London

Coldplay

The Killers

Velvet Revolver

Bob Geldof

The Cure

Mariah Carey

Dido

Keane

Snow Patrol

Elton John

Annie Lennox

Madonna

Paul McCartney

Razorlight

Snoop Dogg

Sting

U2

Joss Stone

Stereophonics

REM

Scissor Sisters

Muse

Robbie Williams

Philadelphia

Will Smith

Bon Jovi

The Dave Matthews Band

Stevie Wonder

Jay-Z

Puff Daddy

Il Divo

Maroon 5

Rob Thomas

Keith Urban

50 Cent

Kaiser Chiefs

Rome

Faith Hill

Tim McGraw

Duran Duran

Jovan Otti

Nek

Laura Pausini

Vasco Rossi

Zucchero

Berlin

A-Ha

Crosby, Stills and Nash

Lauryn Hill

Brian Wilson

Bap

Die Toten Hosen

Peter Maffay

Paris

Jamiroquai

Placebo

Youssou N'Dour

Andrea Docelli

Craig David

Calo Gero

Kyo

Yannick Noah

Axelle Red

Johnny Halliday

Spice Girls got dropped because they dont give a serious politcal message...fair enough but half the acts don't give any politcal message whatsoever.

yeah i know, keane are hardly political, and even if they were i wouldnt have them in my line up

Yeah' date=' its the Dead Trousers alright. They are a kinda comedy German punk band that's been kicking around for years. :D Try this link:

[url']http://www.dietotenhosen.de/

Comedy? I don't think so. They have a laugh and stuff, but they are passionate punks who write some killer tunes. I think they are fucking awesome and one band I have never seen live I'd KILL to go and see.

Die Toten Hosen have produced some amazing albums - Love, Peace & Money, Unsterblich

and Opium Furs Volk are all amazing albums. And Learning English: Volume One is the best collection of covers I've ever heard. Anyone wanting to get into punk or who loves punk should check out this album - The band cover 20+ classic punk tunes (If The Kids Are United, Blitzkreig Bop, Smash It Up etc.) but each songs has an original memeber of the band they are covering contributing. It's amazing.

Die Toten Hosen are fuckin ace. They are nae a comedy band!

They are a group of opera ish singers, but not hte ones that won the tv show, they are caleld G4. They came out around the same time though and Il Divo are simon cowell managed. A lot of acts are playing in other countries rather than their own, i assume for some of the lesser known group, they see it as a chance to take advantage of the situation to gain publicity.

Comedy? I don't think so. They have a laugh and stuff' date=' but they are passionate punks who write some killer tunes. I think they are fucking awesome and one band I have never seen live I'd KILL to go and see.

[/quote']

They supported Terrorvision a few years ago and then returned the favour by allowing Terrorvision to support them on there tour of Germany. :up:

My god what a pile of shit. I find it fucking offensive that people with the money that Paul McCartney has has the audancity to put on a concert to get us to put money in for charity. The interest of his wad alone would probably count more than the public will achieve.

I loved the 'it's not a reworking of Live Aid' quote from Geldof. What the fuck is it then? It's called Live8 for fuck sake. I am behind his first attempt and in a way the second, but now it just seems like he wants his name in the papers.

Roll on the scene point muggers.

My god what a pile of shit. I find it fucking offensive that people with the money that Paul McCartney has has the audancity to put on a concert to get us to put money in for charity..

But that isn't the point of these concerts, they're not asking for money, the concerts are even going to be free. The point is to bring attention to a cause and to help people attempt to influence world leaders ahead of them meeting each other.

But htat isn't the point of these concerts' date=' they're not asking for money, the concerts are even goign to be free. The point is to bring attention to a cause and to help people attempt to influence world leaders ahead of them meeting each other.[/quote']

well said

But that isn't the point of these concerts' date=' they're not asking for money, the concerts are even going to be free. The point is to bring attention to a cause and to help people attempt to influence world leaders ahead of them meeting each other.[/quote']

Yeah, but they ARE asking for money in a very clever way by getting folk to text in to win tickets for each event. What is it 1.50 a pop? times how many millions worldwide wanting tickets. Equals lots of cash.

Very clever. Best of both worlds.

Guest Cowboy Dan
If you think this won't be another charity tin rattler event I think you're dilluding yourself.

I know, imagine that. Giving money to poor people, fucking sickos.