aberdeen-music

Old Mudd Club flyer

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I have always felt very sad about the fact I never went to the palace... I only learned of it's existance not that long before it closed.

I am damned by my youth and the fact I lived outwith the city bounds.

Alas, I have frequented Moshulu since I was 17.

i started out sitting on the floor in the corridor, under the stairs, facing the door to the dancefloor/bar area. when jimmy lucifer started coming out (i remember his first time in the palace after a TAR gig at the East Neuk where he snogged my younger sister) i progressed to the fudge area, the lower upstairs bit around the dancefloor and the dancefloor itsself.

ah, the palace. we went there three times a week for years. and years. and years.

when we started out it was the seats facing the dancefloor for us, and althought we moved to the sofas on the left as you came into the main room for a while, and toyed occasionally with the sofas under the balcony bit between the bass speakers, i feel that we only achieved true oneness with the building when we set up residence behind the DJ booth. dancefloor, beer, and DJs to annoy - all within easy shouting distance. perfect. and there were so many interesting dark corners in the palace...