aberdeen-music

Sigur-Ros @ Glasgow Carling Academy

Birdman

pfffft!

No' date=' but I was cool enough to have been there when they played as support to Godspeed You Black Emporer at the Lemon Tree.

Does that make me super cool not to even bother seeing them next month?[/quote']

that makes me jealous, angry and very very mad, i missed that gig due to the unfortunate incident of working (even though i asked for time off), hence why shortly afterwars i quitr the job, fucking cunts!

but you should be still going to this to highlight your coolness, they should be playing the new material which will bve on their new album coming out this summer!

seriously folks, any idea whos supporting them? or will i have to be forced to break some knee caps

adam

No' date=' but I was cool enough to have been there when they played as support to Godspeed You Black Emporer at the Lemon Tree.

Does that make me super cool not to even bother seeing them next month?[/quote']

Yep I was in attendance as well - that must have been a few years ago now. Fly Pan Am, then Sigur Ros followed by GSYBE. A great gig. An emotional trouser flapping moment...

I assume another Fat Cat artist(s) will support?

Jeez, you're not a very resourceful lot, are you? ;)

From sigur-ros.co.uk:

"amina, sigur rs' longtime friends and collaborators, will be the band's supporting act at all july's tour dates excluding the festival dates (japan and switzerland). they will also be joining sigur rs onstage, playing strings. for more information on amina, you can read interviews here and here. you can also order their ep 'animamina' from sigur rs' klink store."

Yep I was in attendance as well - that must have been a few years ago now. Fly Pan Am' date=' then Sigur Ros followed by GSYBE. A great gig. An emotional trouser flapping moment...[/quote']

appart from all the biifs, twats and arse holes talking all the way through the gig...and one classic quote that deserved a punch in the face "they are just hawkwind with 10 more people in the band"

Loved that gig...shame about the twats that pay 12 quid to go to a pub and talk.

appart from all the biifs' date=' twats and arse holes talking all the way through the gig...and one classic quote that deserved a punch in the face "they are just hawkwind with 10 more people in the band"

Loved that gig...shame about the twats that pay 12 quid to go to a pub and talk.[/quote']

I agree but decided not to mention the talking.

I liked Pinkie Maclure's method of dealing with talking punters @ the Tunnels. It seemed to work and embarrased the offenders into moving!

Dave

that makes me jealous' date=' angry and very very mad, i missed that gig due to the unfortunate incident of working (even though i asked for time off), hence why shortly afterwars i quitr the job, fucking cunts!

but you should be still going to this to highlight your coolness, they should be playing the new material which will bve on their new album coming out this summer!

seriously folks, any idea whos supporting them? or will i have to be forced to break some knee caps

adam[/quote']

I've long since given up on the quest for coolness & accepted it's gone the same way as wll my other unfulfilled dreams.

And I'd love to go next month but can't manage that night, which pissed me off no end.

tell us more...

I'd like to adopt a better strategy than tutting and glowering...(after 20 mins)

Basically Pinkie went up to the two chatters mid song and whispered something to them. I assume twas F off or shut up? I suppose it's the same as the Jerry Sadowich approach...

Guest bluesxman
appart from all the biifs' date=' twats and arse holes talking all the way through the gig...and one classic quote that deserved a punch in the face "they are just hawkwind with 10 more people in the band"

Loved that gig...shame about the twats that pay 12 quid to go to a pub and talk.[/quote']

I was at that gig, classic moment when some guy at the front of the stage launched his beer over a wee lassie taking photos none too quietly then sat head down as a nervous bouncer tried to talk to and move him and was totally ignored. He then got up when the song finished and allowed himself to be flung out! Was a bit tight for the wee lass though she was soaked!

Does anyone know if Stuart from Mogwai was there cos I saw a guy I was convinced was him but couldn't be arsed going to talk only to find it was some other shaven headed bloke.

Still one of my top 5 gigs....

I was at that gig' date=' classic moment when some guy at the front of the stage launched his beer over a wee lassie taking photos none too quietly then sat head down as a nervous bouncer tried to talk to and move him and was totally ignored. He then got up when the song finished and allowed himself to be flung out! Was a bit tight for the wee lass though she was soaked!

Does anyone know if Stuart from Mogwai was there cos I saw a guy I was convinced was him but couldn't be arsed going to talk only to find it was some other shaven headed bloke.

Still one of my top 5 gigs....[/quote']

yes, mr Braithwait was there...I spotted him too...and thought of saying something to him...but I poofed out... ho ho

yes' date=' mr Braithwait was there...I spotted him too...and thought of saying something to him...but I poofed out... ho ho[/quote']

you should have twatted him round the head and said (quietly so as not to disturb the ambience) "GET OFF THE HEROIN YOU FUCKING DICK!!!!!!!!!" *

So talented, but what an arsehole

Nine inch nails on the thursday then sigur ros on the friday this is going to be awesome

To the person who disagreed on this post by saying "You suck rune" Go fuck yourself and try making constructive comments you little kid, Try making points that are relevant to the post you idiot.

Ahwell atleast i don't hide behind scene ratings with obscure comments that have zero relevance. Seems to be quite cowardly, why not speak on the board if you disagree who ever

you are and stop being a coward. That's if you got the bottle