aberdeen-music

Paintball!

monkey

I used to play paintball when I lived in Yorkshire. It's great fun for a while but you'll soon just want to pick on one person and pelt them with balls. (Which incidentally can sting like fuck.)

I also used to play a thing called Live Action Role Play (LARP) where we dressed up as Orks, Elves, Wizards and suchlike, and battered fuck out of each other with spongy weapons whilst being refereed so that we'd know if we were killed or not. Sadly I think this hobby has died a death these days.

Not only do you have to pay for the overpriced day' date=' but you are forced to buy shitloads of paintballs at the same time. And they arn't that cheap[/quote']

That was only because we made it expensive, by killing the shit out of eachother and not listening to what the instructors told us, haha. Too much testosterone flying around.

I also used to play a thing called Live Action Role Play (LARP) where we dressed up as Orks' date=' Elves, Wizards and suchlike, and battered fuck out of each other with spongy weapons whilst being refereed so that we'd know if we were killed or not. Sadly I think this hobby has died a death these days. [/quote']

That sounds fucking great, where do I sign up!

Back to the subject of the thread, yeah, paintball was great fun, but the downside being firstly, the amount of stupid safety stuff you have to adhere to, and secondly, the ridiculous expense involved. Definitely worth trying once.

It is expensive I grant you. Did you know the ammo you buy for about 140 for 2000 balls or there abouts they buy for about 29! That is a totally ridiculous and greedy markup.

However if you have your own kit (marker, gas tank, face mask) and live on a farm (or have a very big garden!) you can play for next to nothing! As compressed air or CO2 are in expensive and you can buy your ammo at cost price.

Also, if you have your own stuff, some places also have "drop in days" where you can just turn up and play for 20 and you bring your own ammo and they give you all the compressed air or CO2 you need.

Oh and if you have some thick clothing it really doesn't hurt that much.

Guest tv tanned

I toyed with paintballing for my brother's stag weekend this weekend, but decided that the additional costs when there made it unviable and went for go-karting instead.

I also used to play a thing called Live Action Role Play (LARP) where we dressed up as Orks' date=' Elves, Wizards and suchlike, and battered fuck out of each other with spongy weapons whilst being refereed so that we'd know if we were killed or not. Sadly I think this hobby has died a death these days.[/quote']

Holy fuck! Saw that on blue peter once.

Did you do that in Aberdeen?