aberdeen-music

any grunge fans out there?

pearljammed

hey dudes/dudettes... am new to this and am hoping to start a new band in aberdeen... Am looking for a grunge-style of band, reminicent of Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana etc.. Is anyone interested? If you are it'd be rad to hear from you!!.. You can reply in here or PM me.. I play guitar and vocalsm but am lookin ideally for a rythem guitarist, lead, bass and drummer....

many thanks everyone!!! :)

:band::rockon::band:

Narc is myself. I like most of the above bands but it's nae really what I want to be playing myself in a a band - but good luck with the project - I will come see you one day....

*waits for barrage of abuse from bandmates*

Ah I remember telling people at school that Nirvana would be massive, they thought I was talking shit. Also remember those grungesque tops that looked like a lumberjacks top. Ah grunge...memories, mostly good ones :rockon:

Ah I remember telling people at school that Nirvana would be massive' date=' they thought I was talking shit. Also remember those grungesque tops that looked like a lumberjacks top. Ah grunge...memories, mostly good ones :rockon:[/quote']

you better not be "dissing" flannels, Hog.

totally!!! I'm wanting to bring grunge back to Aberdeen!! Thing is, a majority of people like grunge, only there's not any bands I can think of who are performing like these dudes of the era did... Just think it *could* be a good decision.... Need band members though.... Then we can track down Chad Kroeger and friends and beat them with their dumb lyrics... Lyrics being a metaphor for a hammer.

Aye a grunge thread...I was wondering if anyone would mention us. We set out to sound Nirvana etc etc but it never really worked. You can hear the influences in the songs I am sure but its more wtw than anything else. Good to see someone wanting to do something with the grunge sound.

• 3 weeks later...
Ah I remember telling people at school that Nirvana would be massive' date=' they thought I was talking shit. Also remember those grungesque tops that looked like a lumberjacks top. Ah grunge...memories, mostly good ones :rockon:[/quote']

your starting to show your age! :cheers: LOL

• 7 months later...